UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! I_vote_lcapThe Quest to Perm Sports Shades! I_voting_barThe Quest to Perm Sports Shades! I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! I_vote_lcapThe Quest to Perm Sports Shades! I_voting_barThe Quest to Perm Sports Shades! I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!

Go down 
+3
U54222
NinjaIan15
Tyleh
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Empty
PostSubject: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 5:13 am

Alright guys, here's what I've been doing this evening... I never spend GP, so I don't want to hear any criticisms of this in that regard. It's not going to change the fact that it was friggin' hilarious.

I'm perming my sports shades. The way this is done is to buy > 3500 days worth of an item. So, I spent around 200K GP and a few hours of begging but I finally got it partially done. I'm about 500 days short as of now:

The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Combat10

Just thought it was a humorous experiment in how the weapon system works in Combat Arms. If you want to see if it works or not, which I'm fairly certain it does, gift me some sport shades and I'll post the results!
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 9:23 am

Hmm interesting i never knew that was possible
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
U54222
U54222

IGN : Solare

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 1:45 pm

If it works, I'll lol.

I'll see if I can help you, but I want to average of about 40K before that. Good luck though.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 3:46 pm

I have heard it is possible from the CA wiki but if I were to try something like that I would definitely perm an ACOG or suppressor instead. I'm nearly 100% certain it works since it would seem logical that Nexon would use something like this to prevent integer overflow but I have no idea what data type they store expiration times for items so I can't say specifically if an item becomes perm at 3500 days or not.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 7:15 pm

Daraku9 wrote:
I have heard it is possible from the CA wiki but if I were to try something like that I would definitely perm an ACOG or suppressor instead. I'm nearly 100% certain it works since it would seem logical that Nexon would use something like this to prevent integer overflow but I have no idea what data type they store expiration times for items so I can't say specifically if an item becomes perm at 3500 days or not.
I DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE PERMED A SCOPE.

I wasn't thinking at the time... >_>
Back to top Go down
Eyerider
Eyerider

IGN : Eyerider

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 8:34 pm

Does sport shades give any extra bonuses? o-o

AHAHAHA yeah you definitely should have permed a scope or supressor :L
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 9:15 pm

Nope, no bonuses. It's entirely for the lulz.

It's okay that I didn't perm a scope, since I mainly use guns with scopes built-in anyway, but a suppressor or a magazine would have been nice in retrospect.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:44 pm

I have to agree extremely especially a suppressor.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:57 pm

132 days short still... >_>
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 1:49 am

You only have 19 GP left? Are you sure it was worth it to spend 200K+ on this. And how long do you have the M107CQ SE LE for?
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 2:01 am

Definitely worth it. I've got to be one of the only players in the game with a permanent sport shades. The M107 is permanent, since it's an LE. =3

...As a matter of fact, everything I have equipped in that picture is permanent...
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 2:49 am

Wow lucky you all perm lol
Back to top Go down
U54222
U54222

IGN : Solare

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 2:58 am

How short are you now? I need to perm an ACOG if I ever get at least a couple of 100Ks.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 3:14 am

I'm short maybe 10k GP at the moment. I'm working on gifting over from a noob account that hasn't hit staff sergeant yet, and then I should be done.

Cost for perming a 100GP/day item starting at 0 days is 210,600 GP even. Mine's actually cost a couple thousand more spanning multiple accounts because you have to factor in 10% charge for GP gifting.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 3:42 am

You got the perms from buying NX right? And I think there would be better things to do with 200k GP rather than perming sport shades, such as getting a perm L96A1, which should be out when Combat Arms reaches 200k likes on Facebook
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 10:37 am

Wait you can GP gift now? If you can since when? If I can then I will alot and if I can thanks a lot for telling me.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 2:29 pm

Randomprsn wrote:
You got the perms from buying NX right? And I think there would be better things to do with 200k GP rather than perming sport shades, such as getting a perm L96A1, which should be out when Combat Arms reaches 200k likes on Facebook
I considered getting an L96 perm, but I hate 1HK sniper rifles.

It would be different if they were made in a way that actually forced you to snipe, but half the CA community take advantage of their ridiculously low drawspeed and quickswitch and noscope their way around. It's cheap and it's not how I think sniper rifles should function (which is why I'm no good at using them, which is also why it would sit in my inventory if I bought it). Hence why I bought a permanent M107.

On the other hand, I'm trying to perm sports shades which I will wear 100% of the time. =3

(If I really wanted an L96, I could just buy NX and spam GP hazard cases, no big deal.)
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2010, 8:06 am

Can I still gift you while your offline? I'll be happy to gift you LOL
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2010, 10:11 am

Yeah, you can gift me any time. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 7:07 pm

The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Combat11

I'VE DONE IT!!

So proud of myself. =3
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 9:35 pm

LOL! gj. Did you count exactly how many days you needed to perm it (and the approximate GP cost)?
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 11:09 pm

I was told I needed about 3,500 days to perm it. I got within maybe 14 days and it still says perm, so I have no idea for an exact amount. For 3,500 days it's 210,600 GP, assuming you buy in 90 day intervals.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 4:59 am

Wow, that's a lot of GP to spend on perm sport shades.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 7:05 am

WOW perm sport shades cost more than the perm L9 XD
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:21 am

The perm L96A1 should be coming out soon. Do you have enough GP to get it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!   The Quest to Perm Sports Shades! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Quest to Perm Sports Shades!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next