UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! I_vote_lcapCombat Arms Now Available on DVD! I_voting_barCombat Arms Now Available on DVD! I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! I_vote_lcapCombat Arms Now Available on DVD! I_voting_barCombat Arms Now Available on DVD! I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
U54222
U54222

IGN : Solare

Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Empty
PostSubject: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 6:31 pm

Quote :
Ever wanted to have your very own copy of Combat Arms for your game library? Now you can! We’re happy to announce that we are making all Nexon games available on DVD. Each DVD contains the latest version of Combat Arms, and also includes art, wallpapers and screenshots. Check out the DVD order page for more details.

Nexon DVD Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What’s on the DVD?

A: The DVD contains copies of Nexon game clients along with game artwork, videos, and desktop wallpaper.

Q: What methods are available to pay the shipping and handling charges for the DVD?

A: Nexon only accepts major credit cards as payment for the DVD. Other forms of payment such as NX, cash, money order, or checks are not accepted.

Q: Nexon games are free, why do I have to pay for the DVD?

A: The $4.99 cost for the DVD covers the production, and shipping and handling costs of the DVD only. The games themselves are absolutely FREE.

Q: If you offer the game for free via a download, why would I need the DVD?

A: The DVD is primarily for players who have trouble downloading the game client or wish to own a physical copy of the game.

Q: Can I return the DVD for a refund?

A: No. if your DVD is defective, you may return it to the following address for a free replacement DVD.

ATTN: DVD SUPPORT

137 N. Larchmont Blvd. #619

Los Angeles, CA 90004-3704

Nexon must be desperate for money. They won't even allow you to receive a refund, only a replacement.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 8:03 pm

OMFG NEXON YOUR FUCKING RETARDED thats a fucking waste of money stupid money whores
learn to be a better company.

Sorry they are just so fucking stupid So much a waste of money all their games are free duuuuh and what are they going to do with that extra money I know make their games more BS and get more money from us to get more money and it repeats until they are so rich the sell their company for millions of dollars and ...

I hate companies like these the suck D: >Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 8:52 pm

I believe the point of the DVD is to help people who are too stupid to be able to figure out how to update CA. If Nexon was really trying to earn money off of these discs they would charge at least $10 since $5 is about the price of shipping + handling and making actual disc. In other words each DVD they sell is only giving them pennies in profit. On the up side stupid people will probably buy the disc because they can't update and relive some stress on the CA servers (the website not the game servers).
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 12:13 am

Even if they bought their DVDs en masse for fairly cheap, there's just no way you can turn a profit by charging $5 for each. That only dents shipping costs to some areas Nexon serves.

Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 9:03 am

I think this is a bad idea. Not many people will buy the DVD anyway.
Back to top Go down
U54222
U54222

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 12:10 pm

Interesting though, it will 'cause more players to join, and perhaps buy NX?
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 9:26 pm

U54222 wrote:
Interesting though, it will 'cause more players to join, and perhaps buy NX?

I see how that works now, lol they have some tricks up their sleeves don't they.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:02 am

How will it cause more players to join? I would have thought it would make less players join. Who would want to pay $4.99 for a DVD when they can get it for free? I think that this is just a money making scheme.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 12:26 pm

Ugh. It costs about the same for Nexon to make the CD as it is to sell it. There is no point in buying it except as an alternative to people who couldn't patch the game in a particular update (like a few of our members have had problems with except I think this DVD will more likely help stupid people who have simple to fix problems and not for more complex software related issues). In other words Nexon could not possibly make money from selling the DVDs and since there is no reason why people who already have the game would want to buy it this isn't some kind of money making scheme either. http://compreviews.about.com/od/storage/a/TimeToBuyDVDRs.htm This site claims that the average price of a single blank DVD is $7 and even though the price probably has gone down since the article was created it is not adding in the costs for shipping, handling, taxes and putting CA on the disc which would cost well over $3 even if the person they were shipping it to were only halfway across town and a LOT more if they shipped it to Aus and NZ. If Nexon was truly evil and somehow forced everyone to buy the DVD they would loose money for each DVD they sell (kind of like how Microsoft lost money for every Xbox they sold. Not sure if the same holds true for the 360).
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 1:10 pm

Randomprsn wrote:
How will it cause more players to join? I would have thought it would make less players join. Who would want to pay $4.99 for a DVD when they can get it for free? I think that this is just a money making scheme.
They aren't FORCING you to buy the DVD. They're just providing that option if you have trouble with the online updater like some members have been facing.

It's neither going to help or hurt how many players there are.
Back to top Go down
U54222
U54222

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:35 pm

Tyleh wrote:
Randomprsn wrote:
They aren't FORCING you to buy the DVD. They're just providing that option if you have trouble with the online updater like some members have been facing.

It's neither going to help or hurt how many players there are.

Hmm, it's not going to hurt to be assured, but it can help for those who have issues with Combat Arms. Interesting enough, I've heard so this hacking site which was recently threatened to be sued is eventually coming back, the coder's alias is Rajinn, that may provide a minor problem towards the community.

But otherwise, I have a feeling this will actually make Combat Arms grow very very slightly.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 12:43 am

True, it might help a bit, but not significantly enough to say that massive amounts of people are going to start playing.
Back to top Go down
U54222
U54222

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 6:25 pm

Tyleh wrote:
True, it might help a bit, but not significantly enough to say that massive amounts of people are going to start playing.
Which is what I stated, nothing very special.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 7:16 pm

HuH could it help me internet from failing and lagging so bad?

NO therefore I won't buy it.

Its like all you have to do is ask your self one question in order to know if your going to buy it:

Do I have any problems that this simple disc can fix?

Thats the ultimate question for this disk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!   Combat Arms Now Available on DVD! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Arms Now Available on DVD!
Page 1 of 1