UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Why Play Combat Arms I_vote_lcapWhy Play Combat Arms I_voting_barWhy Play Combat Arms I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Why Play Combat Arms I_vote_lcapWhy Play Combat Arms I_voting_barWhy Play Combat Arms I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Why Play Combat Arms

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

Why Play Combat Arms Empty
PostSubject: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 12:27 am

This is an old post I made right when Explicit Warfare just went up in flames to encourage people to keep playing CA. A few things have been added since I found more reasons why some particular other games suck and added a section discussing console FPS games as well as the problem with gaming companies.

In these uncertain times in the clan you might wonder why you should be playing this game in the first place instead of the newer and higher graphics free or pay fps games out there. The answer is: no matter how bad you think Combat Arms is everything else is a lot worse. Although this topic will be updated more later here are a few games that are out there and why you shouldn't play them.

Combat Arms:
With specs, hackers and dumb noobs you think there could be better things to play but unfortunately there aren't too many better alternatives. One question that many people have considered is why there are so many hackers in CA than in other games and the answer is simply no one wants to hack other games since there aren't too many people who want to play them. Game Guard isn't a new invention and a lot of online companies are using it but it gets hacked in CA and MapleStory more since more people want to play and hack it. Aside a more diverse weapon selection than the usual FPS, CA runs with a mouse sensitivity similar to what you already use in your mouse instead of turning off all mouse acceleration like other FPS games. This means that if you spend hours of web surfing your skills won't be completely rusty and it won't effect your normal computer use either. Combat Arms offer fairly good mini updates in between updates and offers more than gun sales on pay guns like most other games.

Games I have played:

Crossfire:
These noobs copied CA's Quarantine mode (making the infected green with spikes and have daggers is hardly calling it a completely new system)! The backpack function in this game makes it like AVA except you have to sit around while you swap gear and the graphics are worse than CA. Although I couldn't find a good reason why, the noobs suck more in this game than in any other I have been to. After getting the equivalent of 1 Unbelievable, 2 Fantastics, 8 multi kills and a slew of double kills along with a kdr of 2.66 in my third game I decided to call it quits and uninstall the game. Whats more annoying is that in my first game I knifed someone (it takes around 6 non headshot stabs to kill someone with a knife in Crossfire instead of 2 in CA) The only thing I thought was better in Crossfire was that they have a 3rd person recording system that looks absolutely terrible but 10 minutes of gameplay is only 10 Kb. Now that Nexon has added a better one Crossfire has little more to offer than CA.

Operation7:
For some reason this game keeps crapping out on my system so I didn't get to play long but the lean over feature makes any corner a camping spot and the only place you can find crappier voice acting is from a children's cartoon re-dubbed by 4Kids. I found that wherever I went an enemy was leaning around a corner and there was little cover for everyplace else. Every gun in Operation7 is very customizable but the customizations make the guns VERY costly along with the limited number of the guns you can get at lower levels. You also have to buy bullets for your guns which is annoying if you only happen to play once in a particular day.

A.V.A:
Although the game seems nice (I uninstall-ed it and reinstalled several times since I was unsure it was worth the memory space) there are a lot of bad things about the game. For some reason the lobby seems to work my graphics card more than the actual game (might be my card's fault or some faulty programming in the lobby that only effects my graphics card type but I'm still weary in the lobby). The 3 class system is a lot more realistic than CA's system where a person with a sniper rifle can also hold shot guns and other things that other types of people would normally use but it makes the game feel like a giant game of rock paper scissors since killing an enemy depends largely on how far away you are from them most of the time. Aside from that there is a limited type of weapons since there are only 3 classes, the level up system makes it more noob unfriendly and the sway on all of the guns while walking ridiculous even compared to CoD. The sway on the guns is about the same as the spread of the M4A1. Instead of getting weapon points based on how well you do in a game you have to play several games to earn points to earn a case full of euros to buy your guns. The guns are permanent but you have to pay maintenance fees on your guns or they will crap out on you. Like in CA the HK416 (officially its called the HK416 since the gun has not officially been recognized as the US military as the standard issue gun) has by far the lowest recoil but considering how much sway, spread and recoil the guns already have this gun is a LOT more overpowered. A.V.A. is FAR behind in GMs than CA since CA has an army of them and A.V.A. only has 2. Because all of the maps are small to accommodate for the SMG class players sniper rifles are only used for camping in doorways waiting for passerby enemies to walk through them.

Games I haven't played but know are bad:

Huxley:
Aside from the fact that I hated the book "Brave New World" who's author has the same last name as the game title (and probably is the reason why it was named Huxley) the main flaw in this game is the sniper rifle. Pros in most game are seen to have skill when they no scope but the sniper rifles in Huxley have a reticle. After seeing a Pro get 30 no scope kills in a row the thought of a flashy (whats the point in a sniper rifle if they are easy to see) electric sniper rifle is just terrifying. Although the sniper rifle was used on weak NPCs and not players its still pretty dam rigged even if its a 2 shot kill on other players.

Genesis A.D.:
People complained about Shadow the Hedgehog game since Shadow was like "a Cheetah on an ice rink" and it seems like someone decided to make something like that into an FPS. The game lets you boost forward, backward and do wall jumps as well as go invisible for a short time making bunny hopping noobs seem like easy targets and renders nades and sniper rifles all but useless. If you can deal with moving really fast in a FPS game its safe to assume any kills you get in Genesis A.D. are lottos.

Wolf Team:
Seriously. The last thing you need in a fps game is a way to get up to spots normally impossible to reach in order to camp and a way for noobs to go aggro on pros right when the pro thinks they have someone cornered.

War Rock:
The game is very interesting and my little brother played it a bit but I found the rolling action to be very unrealistic and a bit awkward since it swaps to 3rd person point of view for a second. The vehicles in the game are also interesting but I found that vehicle hogs on the opponent's side would always try to take out stragglers and my little brother just camped in a building for 30 minutes to avoid them since it was a bit difficult to take them down.

Some Problem with Today's Gaming Companies:
Many companies today work much like how they used to work way back when gaming first started: increase the graphics and the processor of the game. As the frame rate of games becomes closer and closer to what the human eye can possibly see and as more and more rendering gets put into obscure pieces of rubble game designers are continuing to focus on what they have always done while ignoring to bother trying to make a really good game let alone make their game any better than one previously released overall. Below are some of the main problems with today's gaming (mostly involves free FPS and MMORPG games)

Beautiful Mountains:
Somewhere in a cramped in offices are graphics designers who are in charge of the visual effects and environment. They are probably trained in some level of programming, art and in this case geology and they will add vast environment full of wide oceans and beautiful jagged mountains. After their work they will look at their masterpiece and confidently put it in the game. What they don't realize is that maybe new players will uninstall the game after they spend 20 minutes out of 30 minutes of overall game play trying to navigate these mountains because they don't have the finances to use the game's instant transportations system nor have a mount because they are too low leveled. I have spent 30 minutes flying over the vast world of Perfect World as high as the game will allow me to fly because someone thought it was a good idea to put level 60 monsters in every other altitude in the sky but force you to travel through the sky across several countries at level 20. I have also gotten killed several times in A.V.A. because I accentually hit the cool night vision goggles button even though the only dark map in the game is bright enough for you not to have to use it. Game designers often spend vast amount of time making the game look better without thinking about the game play of the game which makes for a beautiful but terrible game.

An Amazing Aspect:
Over the years good companies have made some pretty innovative features in their games. Sometimes however game designers focus on one particular feature of the game which just makes crap games like FLYFF and TwelveSky2. Someone thought the idea of flying in a game was wonderful so FLYFF was made. The problem is that Flying For Fun gets really boring and if the only difference from the game is a single aspect your not going to get too many new players. The creators of TwelveSky2 found that the faction system of a lot of other games was extremely addicting so they made a game with 4 factions and included an automatic balancing feature. The problem with TwelveSky2 is that there is literally nothing else in the game except for grinding, faction wars and using the bonuses from winning faction wars and doesn't even have "Beautiful Mountains"(my little brother played the first game and claims that there was a loophole in the automatic balancing system that ultimately broke the game and after playing 3 hours of the sequel I found little difference from the first game aside from graphics). FPS games like WolfTeam and GenesisA.D. have included interesting new features in the game that ultimately make the game terrible.

Clones:
W.O.W. is a pretty dam good game. Since the creation of WOW lots of companies have sprung up trying to replicate its success by making an exact copy of the game for free. WOW is good but the reason WOW is good is also a very good reason why the iPhone is a bit better than the Droid. Simply put, it's WOW. The game could be exactly like WOW but it still doesn't have the reputation as the game its copying and doesn't have much of a niche in the gaming world. In the case of the iPhone, the Droid is better than the iPhone in hardware but the iPhone still has a name for itself and because the Droid is written on Eclipse and the iPhone has a different language and compiler so it will be hard for the Droid to get the same innovative new apps the the iPhone has. FPS clones are no different.

Lack of Innovation:
A lot of games may look great and may have features in some places that other games like Perfect World but they are missing the big picture. In particular to Perfect World they made a beautiful game but didn't think about completely scrapping RuneScape's interface with a much more action based system basically making it a beautiful version of RuneScape but without the other side skills like RuneScape has. There is a reason why people still play CounterStrike despite its simplicity and graphics and games with CounterStrike's signature game play style are any better than the other FPS games on its own.

"PVN":
PVP is one of the biggest things that people look forward to in an online game. Because MapleStory is a popular game people have always wondered why they haven't made a PVP system yet. The answer is simply that in a game with a PVP system you always get PVN which is Pros Vs. Noobs. Competitiveness is a fun aspect of gaming but it creates a situations where players start getting into fights and trolling one another which discourages the Noobs from playing a game and decreases the total number of people who want to play the game. I have a friend who used to PVP in Runescape with a group of 20 friends who changed their hair and genders to PK in an unstoppable force of bald white women in noob equipts. In Dota making strategies and customizing item builds is fun but it can make it VERY hard for new players to play the game without getting discouraged by powerful opponents. This can't be avoided in CA but this is why vivox chat is only global to each team and why most of the servers are made for people with bad kdrs and low ranks while people with average ranks and Kdrs are stuck in Alpha, Bravo and Golf.

Sequels:
The benefit of playing computer games is that the companies that made them are able to update them to add more content and make changes that make the game more interesting. Despite this fact a lot of companies are making sequels to their game without considering that their current players will be discouraged since they will have to start at square one again. Often times gaming companies will make new games that are slightly better in graphics and try to shift their players to the new game if they don't make a sequel. To make up for this Nexon has made the Big Bang update for MapleStory to be an expansion off of the original so all gamers will have to do is download a new patch instead of start over. Aria games allowed players to transfer their character from TwelveSky to TwelveSky2 and Blizzard's new updates have always been big expansions. As Combat Arms becomes more and more popular it may also get a similar huge patch where the graphics and physics engine get a make over.

The Problem With Companies like Nexon and it's Competition:
One of the biggest problems with online gaming companies (that is not listed above) is overproducing in genres. ijji tries to establish itself at the top in the industry in first person shooter game by making 6 FPS games. In the end all they are doing is spiting up their gamers into 6 games which are fairly similar in some particular cases. This is annoyingly constant in most of not all of the free gaming industry (aside from Nexon).

Now that I have flamed your favorite games and companies you are probably wondering what I think is so terrible with Nexon. The problem with Nexon is the exact opposite of its competition. Nexon makes bad investments. Nexon diversifies its games but instead of rigorously testing the games it adds it tries out some games and it they don't gain immense popularity they pull the plug instead of dividing its gamers on a mediocre game. Nexon's strategy is that a player that pays nothing to the company is still useful because they interact with players who pay money and give them someone to play with so making crap games and dividing its gamers hurts the company. Its good that Nexon is cutting its losses but since almost half of their games have been cut in one way or another (which would be Audition which moved to red banana after some disagreement between Nexon and the Audition development team) I can say that Nexon has made some VERY bad choices in its investing.

3D Sickness:
The next step to gaming is unfortunately to make everything 3D. Aside from people getting sick from it http://www.squidoo.com/3dsickness (not me in particular though) people forget to make more innovative things and keep focusing on better graphics. Avatar is the perfect example. The cool letters of "AVATAR" are actually papyrus font (which is apparently one of the most boring and overused fonts) http://aaronweyenberg.com/402/avatar-movie-font-is-papyrus and dispite the innovative new graphics the storyline is basically just Pocahontas with aliens
Why Play Combat Arms Epic-f11.
I'm not saying 3D is necessarily a bad thing but there has to be a limit from how realistic games are especially if they cause some people to hurl. I find 3D to be amazing as a whole but I the idea of a virtual bullet going through my head in 3D is a tad bit too distracting for me.

Reasons to play CA or Console FPS games:

Reasons to play CA:

• If a console game gets boring then thats it. Besides some bug fixes on PS3 and 360 games and some new levels/skins that some games have the game will never become fun again unless you find a group of friends who dominate and are willing to talk about interesting conversations with you.

Glitches could be fixed in an update that happens every month while they may never get fixed in console games unless a certain one become extremely problematic

On average a computer that can play CA laglessly costs around the same as a console, 4 controllers, a decent tv, and several games for it while the computer can do a lot more.

If your console game comes out with a sequel your game instantly becomes obsolete and the people who play your game will quickly start drifting to the new one beardless of how similar the two are.

Some online games require that your network be formatted in a certain way in order to be recognized by a wifi router (which sometimes conflict).

Online games on console games are largely run on wifi meaning that there is often more lag in certain console games (that is caused by internet speed but not because someone's system can't handle the game).

MUCH more options in configuration than console games (such as mice, keyboards, graphics options, hardware options ect.)

Mice are easier to use in aiming than a joystick

On average the TV with the console is in the middle of the living room (with people complaining that you are hogging up a whole room since it is hard to do something other than watch someone play if someone is playing on a TV) while a computer can be placed in a smaller area and is much more discreet since you are using a smaller screen and earphones are easier to use.

overpowered strategies and guns will never be patched in console games unless they are somehow so broken that no one wants to play the game

Some console games like MW2 reward you for killing people repetitively and can make it hard to win a game if your team is full of noobs even if you are really good

Reasons to play Console games:

• Better graphics

Less hackers

The only thing that varies from player to player is your skill and your internet connection. In CA lag caused by your computer is also a problem for gamers.

Generally more varied guns.

Pop ups from your friends coming online are annoying but if you have a bad virus protection program or you are too lazy to close messaging programs you will get spammed a lot more.

Because all consoles run games the same way there is 100% no way that a game will not run on your console unless the CD or console is defective or broken.

buttons on a controller are easier to use since they are much closer together than the standard configuration for playing CA.

Console games can work at their full potential because computer games like CA have to have lower settings to accommodate people with crap computers.

New updates on CA can have varying positive and negative effects in performance.

games often have more interesting and complex physics engines than CA.

Last edited by Daraku9 on October 26th 2010, 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a few corrections and added PVN and Sequels)
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 8:30 am

Looks like you had a lot of time to think about this. I mean, a hell of a lot of time. This took me 10 minutes to read!

I haven't played any of those other games at all and I'm not planning to. I've played Call of Duty 4 which is sort of like Combat Arms but don't have a wide range of guns like Combat Arms does. That's why I think Combat Arms is the best FPS around.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 2:09 pm

Randomprsn wrote:
I haven't played any of those other games at all and I'm not planning to. I've played Call of Duty 4 which is sort of like Combat Arms but don't have a wide range of guns like Combat Arms does. That's why I think Combat Arms is the best FPS around.
Call of Duty 4 just takes what should be team-based gameplay and completely screws it all up by rewarding individual achievements with ever more powerful weapons. Once one team gets ahead it's pretty stupid to try and come back from the deficit because of all the ridiculous one-hit kill air strikes and the ilk with HUGE splash damage. This is one reason I think CA is pretty balanced compared to MW and the even worse MW2.

Daraku, you pretty much summed up why this game is good and also explained why spending $25 in NX a month is far cheaper than buying a brand new $50 to $60 console or PC game that will rapidly be outdated.

Back to top Go down
U54222
U54222

IGN : Solare

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 6:36 am

I think this is based on opinion, as I prefer Console Games over Combat Arms.

I just want to give out a few pointers.

Console Games

Pros:

• You rarely if ever, get banned from being legit.

• A game can always have a sequel.

• The support is usually better than Nexon.

• There are only rare modders, but no hackers.

• (Call of Duty) The guns are more realistic.

• You won't experience FPS lag.

Cons:

• Most problems with consoles cannot easily be fixed manually.

• Online Multiplayer usually depends on a host's connection.

• Minor updates; bugs, glitches, etc

• Rarely any gun nerfs for FPS's

• Required to pay for Xbox Live

Combat Arms:

Pros:

• Does not require a host

• Monthly Content Updates.

• Glitches and bugs are fixed frequently.

• Variety of Guns.

• Two perms and you get be set

Cons:

• Terrible support.

• High amount of Hackers & Modders.

• Nexon Cash..........

• Hackusations and Complaints

I still play Combat Arms, mostly because of the frequent updates, but I usually play both Combat Arms & Console Games in my free time.

Tyleh wrote:
Randomprsn wrote:
Call of Duty 4 just takes what should be team-based gameplay and completely screws it all up by rewarding individual achievements with ever more powerful weapons. Once one team gets ahead it's pretty stupid to try and come back from the deficit because of all the ridiculous one-hit kill air strikes and the ilk with HUGE splash damage. This is one reason I think CA is pretty balanced compared to MW and the even worse MW2.

Daraku, you pretty much summed up why this game is good and also explained why spending $25 in NX a month is far cheaper than buying a brand new $50 to $60 console or PC game that will rapidly be outdated.

Exaggeration of games being frequently outdated, they're only outdated if a sequel is out, or it's a terrible/frustrating game (i.e. MW2). Don't forget that they have barebones in MW2. Although...I have to admit, the nuke was a terrible idea, and very very strong killstreak that last for at least 30 seconds (chopper gunner) can be very irritating, but I have the patience to hide inside a building. I play both, but more of console games.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 8:02 am

I have not played MW2, but I have MW1 on my PC. I've tried online mode a couple of times as it seems that it was more laggy than Combat Arms. Combat Arms does have a much larger variety of weapons. The monthly updates to the game is also a good idea as it now has a lot more maps than other FPS games I've played.

I don't see the point of spending $50-70 AUD on a Call of Duty Game as a sequel will be released almost every year or so. I think it would be a better idea to just get $10-20s worth of NX once in a while. It's better to spend about $50 on one game rather than $150 on a whole lot of games that will go out of fashion.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 10:32 am

U54222 wrote:
I still play Combat Arms, mostly because of the frequent updates, but I usually play both Combat Arms & Console Games in my free time.
I do the same. Hell, I spent last night until about 1 in the morning playing Halo 3 with my buddy--and I absolutely hate that game! After that I spent some time playing Transformers: War for Cybertron. I think the only reason I liked it was because you can transform into a car, jump off a ramp, transform in midair and then 1 hit KO melee another 'bot just like in the movies.

But seriously, I do play a mixture of both PC and console games. A majority of those are FPSs just because the game industry is biased towards those games.

Console:
SSBB (a guy down the hall in my dorm has a Wii, and he's REALLY good)
Halo series (again, guy next to my dorm room has the complete Halo collection and we played 16-man custom games last night)
T:WfC
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (got all the achievements for the game, didn't bother bringing it with me but took up a LOT of time last month)
Planning on some Forza 3 at some point

PC:
Garry's Mod
LIMITED amounts of TF2
CounterStrike
Combat Arms

Console games on PC:
SNES games via emulator (working on Chrono Trigger as of now, SMRPG is coming next)
Tomorrow when my wired X360 controller comes in I'll probably download N64 and GCN emus and play those

I'd guess the reason I keep going back to play Combat Arms is because A) I'm good at it and B) the rank system keeps you hooked. But even then I do like to keep a balance between the games I play.

Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 4:31 pm

Actually they do get outdated pretty fast. Here is a list of a few hot 360 fps games and their release dates:

Perfect Dark Zero Nov 2005
Gears of War Nov 2006
Halo 3 Sep 2007
CoD 4: MW Nov 2007
Left 4 Dead Nov 2008
Gears of War 2 Nov 2008
Halo 3: ODST Sep 2009
CoD 4: MW2 Nov 2009
Left 4 Dead 2 Nov 2009

If you think about it in a certain series (like the CoD series or Halo series) then each game lasts for a few years but If I had a 360 I would have bought at least half of these games and the games your friends buy might not exactly line up. MapleStory has been in Korea for 7 years (and is still going strong) and they just released the sequel for it (actually it's just a VERY big expansion so players don't have to re-create characters in a whole new game kind of like W.O.W.: Cataclysm. People predict that the expansion will be released early next year at the latest in North America) and since CA is one of their hottest games I have full confidence they will ensure CA lasts for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
U54222
U54222

IGN : Solare

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2010, 5:50 pm

Daraku9 wrote:
Actually they do get outdated pretty fast. Here is a list of a few hot 360 fps games and their release dates:

Perfect Dark Zero Nov 2005
Gears of War Nov 2006
Halo 3 Sep 2007
CoD 4: MW Nov 2007
Left 4 Dead Nov 2008
Gears of War 2 Nov 2008
Halo 3: ODST Sep 2009
CoD 4: MW2 Nov 2009
Left 4 Dead 2 Nov 2009

If you think about it in a certain series (like the CoD series or Halo series) then each game lasts for a few years but If I had a 360 I would have bought at least half of these games and the games your friends buy might not exactly line up. MapleStory has been in Korea for 7 years (and is still going strong) and they just released the sequel for it (actually it's just a VERY big expansion so players don't have to re-create characters in a whole new game kind of like W.O.W.: Cataclysm. People predict that the expansion will be released early next year at the latest in North America) and since CA is one of their hottest games I have full confidence they will ensure CA lasts for a very long time.

Funny, that's a list of all the games I have. Just remember, other players still play the previous games, not as much, but a significant amount. Left 4 Dead 2 was terrible in my experience, it was so easily to get bored of, and Perfect Dark Zero is dead, I didn't even like it very much, since your main character was a girl if you don't play co-op. Other than that, the game are usually worth the money, but it's just one man's opinion, I play games to keep myself entertained, and take pressure of things. I'm not too worried about prices, except like, Halo: Reach Legendary Edition (hypocrite much? I'm buying it), and Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition, I usually wouldn't buy those since the extra stuff is unnecessary.

Tyleh wrote:
U54222 wrote:
I do the same. Hell, I spent last night until about 1 in the morning playing Halo 3 with my buddy--and I absolutely hate that game! After that I spent some time playing Transformers: War for Cybertron. I think the only reason I liked it was because you can transform into a car, jump off a ramp, transform in midair and then 1 hit KO melee another 'bot just like in the movies.

But seriously, I do play a mixture of both PC and console games. A majority of those are FPSs just because the game industry is biased towards those games.

Console:
SSBB (a guy down the hall in my dorm has a Wii, and he's REALLY good)
Halo series (again, guy next to my dorm room has the complete Halo collection and we played 16-man custom games last night)
T:WfC
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (got all the achievements for the game, didn't bother bringing it with me but took up a LOT of time last month)
Planning on some Forza 3 at some point

PC:
Garry's Mod
LIMITED amounts of TF2
CounterStrike
Combat Arms

Console games on PC:
SNES games via emulator (working on Chrono Trigger as of now, SMRPG is coming next)
Tomorrow when my wired X360 controller comes in I'll probably download N64 and GCN emus and play those

I'd guess the reason I keep going back to play Combat Arms is because A) I'm good at it and B) the rank system keeps you hooked. But even then I do like to keep a balance between the games I play.

Ikr, the rank system is nice, especially when you unlock new stuff, which is why I keep playing. I personally like the Halo series, but playing online isn't as entertaining, I usually play Custom Games and enjoy it, unless it's an game mode from multiplayer, but other than that, it's pretty fun. Counter Strike gets boring for me fast, since there are A LOT of pros out there, making it hard for me to have fun since I die so frequent. I love most good FPS games, but some are just very tiring.

Sadly I don't own a Wii, because I love the little kid's stuff like Kirby, and Mario, and I would probably buy Kirby's Epic Yarn if I had a Wii, but I think it's more of a family console or cooperative console that makes the games so fun.

If Combat Arms had no rank system, and you unlock everything, obviously there'd be no fun, which is why Call of Duty is fun for a couple of months, but then it's really just a bore. Every rank on Combat Arms unlocks something, which is still why I play, and the content updates. I'd bet GreatFullDed would quit eventually once his fame is gone to waste.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 7:55 pm

I agree, why play combat arms?

I would like to see if we could change our clan's game choice to something else or at least choose a second game to play.

I have one idea and It is a very good game Garry's mod just buy that IT is CHEAP so thats not bad, steam account is free and We can download mods and addons free; I found this site that you can download addons and mods quick and easy and all mods and addons are free for Garry's mod.

The game is free after you buy it so thats very cool, Everyone would need practice like with Garry's mod and we can like show of our stuff to people in online servers (servers/hosts are free).

One con about my idea this isn't much of a clan kinda game, lol.

You guys can think of a different idea of a game or we can just stick to OLD CA FAIL

U54222 if only we succeeded we would have a better gaming future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 12:26 am

ninjaian14 wrote:

I would like to see if we could change our clan's game choice to something else or at least choose a second game to play.

I have one idea and It is a very good game Garry's mod just buy that IT is CHEAP so thats not bad, steam account is free and We can download mods and addons free; I found this site that you can download addons and mods quick and easy and all mods and addons are free for Garry's mod.

The game is free after you buy it so thats very cool, Everyone would need practice like with Garry's mod and we can like show of our stuff to people in online servers (servers/hosts are free).

You guys can think of a different idea of a game or we can just stick to OLD CA FAIL

There are plenty of reasons why CA sucks but if your going to flame CA then at least have a reason like everyone in the posts above managed to do -.-. Undefiable. is a CA clan that is specifically for CA and not a collective group of friends so asking us to find an alternate game is out of our jurisdiction and interest (although most of the people in the clan are friends). In other words asking us to find an alternate clan game would be like asking WalMart to hire a mercenary army to fight in the middle east. Unless Nexon false banned you (cbl says otherwise) or intentionally implemented a bug that burns out your graphics card like the one that was in the Starcraft 2 beta (the bug applies to my card but I got lucky and my card didn't get burned out) I see no reason why you would be so ticked at Nexon. If you think Nexon's games are the worst games in the world then you obviously haven't looked hard enough http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_Quest

Garry's mod would be a bad idea as an alternate game (aside from the fact that it is not the same genre as CA) since MANY players in the clan have complained of lag caused by hardware with insufficient power in certain cases and Garry's mod is much more graphics intensive unless you only do very basic things in Garry's mod. From what I have heard from a friend Garry's mod gets boring extremely quickly unless you mod/program stuff and people in the clan hardly have the time even if they had experience in programming for Garry's mod.

I assume you haven't read through my giant wall of text nor understand the conclusion that I regrettably came to: there is no fps game better than CA that is going to last for anything longer than 3 years, now and in the foreseeable future. This is hardly an opinion I got from playing CA for hours but a conclusion I came to after looking for a better game for several months before even downloading CA and then reaffirmed by playing games in competition with CA (which is why I have so happily settled into CA and have not stopped playing in anticipation of something better). Judging a game by its graphics and hype is the worst way to find a great game. As stated in my wall of text Perfect World has rave reviews, an army of loyal gamers, and the title of being one of the most beautiful MMORPGS available but has gameplay as basic as Runescape. Another example is Blade and Soul which is another high graphic game. Aside from the fact that even my nearly $2,000 computer will not be able to play it laglessly. (My computer is a good investment in my eyes since the computers I have kept so far (aside from a crappy HP laptop) have lasted over 7 years) when you PVP melee players can sit on top of their opponents and beat them up. Again it has great graphics but after realizing that a mass PVP would look like something out of a porno I have hardly thought of having anything to do with the game since.

At one point in time we could all buy Super Smash Brothers Melee and not have to worry about it becoming obsolete or a similar better game being made in the near future. Now some of the top pioneers of gaming think that the industry is dying (I believe most of their reasons are fairly dumb although gaming companies REALLY need to find their own dam niche instead of stealing other company's ideas http://www.cracked.com/article_18608_the-day-gaming-industry-died-impressions-from-e3-2010.html) and even revolutionary games are becoming obsolete faster than ever (such as spore and Little Big Planet since their developers came out with sequels/expansions shortly after their release). This is not true since if you look it up you will find articles everywhere claiming that PC gaming is dying to Console, Console gaming is dying because it is less interesting, and Japanese gaming companies are dying because they didn't establish a perfect monopoly when they had the chance when gaming first appeared (while ignoring the one they already have except for Microsoft and online gaming which is mostly dominated by Blizzard and Koreans) while loads of companies ignore them and continue new and cool (and pathetic in most cases) new games. Gaming as it is now isn't as great as it used to be but as more people join the lucrative business revolutionary ideas are becoming seemingly scarcer and scarcer mostly because a lot of idiots (namely the people who make Miley Cyrus games and the like) don't have the brain power to come up with any. Gaming is still going strong and you can still find good games. The only problem now is that the good games are surrounded by increasingly large amounts of trash. You can probably find a lot of better games than CA if you looked hard enough but none of them as long lasting, versatile and available to so many people.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 9:23 pm

Daraku9 wrote:
ninjaian14 wrote:

There are plenty of reasons why CA sucks but if your going to flame CA then at least have a reason like everyone in the posts above managed to do -.-. Undefiable. is a CA clan that is specifically for CA and not a collective group of friends so asking us to find an alternate game is out of our jurisdiction and interest (although most of the people in the clan are friends). In other words asking us to find an alternate clan game would be like asking WalMart to hire a mercenary army to fight in the middle east. Unless Nexon false banned you (cbl says otherwise) or intentionally implemented a bug that burns out your graphics card like the one that was in the Starcraft 2 beta (the bug applies to my card but I got lucky and my card didn't get burned out) I see no reason why you would be so ticked at Nexon. If you think Nexon's games are the worst games in the world then you obviously haven't looked hard enough http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_Quest

Garry's mod would be a bad idea as an alternate game (aside from the fact that it is not the same genre as CA) since MANY players in the clan have complained of lag caused by hardware with insufficient power in certain cases and Garry's mod is much more graphics intensive unless you only do very basic things in Garry's mod. From what I have heard from a friend Garry's mod gets boring extremely quickly unless you mod/program stuff and people in the clan hardly have the time even if they had experience in programming for Garry's mod.

I assume you haven't read through my giant wall of text nor understand the conclusion that I regrettably came to: there is no fps game better than CA that is going to last for anything longer than 3 years, now and in the foreseeable future. This is hardly an opinion I got from playing CA for hours but a conclusion I came to after looking for a better game for several months before even downloading CA and then reaffirmed by playing games in competition with CA (which is why I have so happily settled into CA and have not stopped playing in anticipation of something better). Judging a game by its graphics and hype is the worst way to find a great game. As stated in my wall of text Perfect World has rave reviews, an army of loyal gamers, and the title of being one of the most beautiful MMORPGS available but has gameplay as basic as Runescape. Another example is Blade and Soul which is another high graphic game. Aside from the fact that even my nearly $2,000 computer will not be able to play it laglessly. (My computer is a good investment in my eyes since the computers I have kept so far (aside from a crappy HP laptop) have lasted over 7 years) when you PVP melee players can sit on top of their opponents and beat them up. Again it has great graphics but after realizing that a mass PVP would look like something out of a porno I have hardly thought of having anything to do with the game since.

At one point in time we could all buy Super Smash Brothers Melee and not have to worry about it becoming obsolete or a similar better game being made in the near future. Now some of the top pioneers of gaming think that the industry is dying (I believe most of their reasons are fairly dumb although gaming companies REALLY need to find their own dam niche instead of stealing other company's ideas http://www.cracked.com/article_18608_the-day-gaming-industry-died-impressions-from-e3-2010.html) and even revolutionary games are becoming obsolete faster than ever (such as spore and Little Big Planet since their developers came out with sequels/expansions shortly after their release). This is not true since if you look it up you will find articles everywhere claiming that PC gaming is dying to Console, Console gaming is dying because it is less interesting, and Japanese gaming companies are dying because they didn't establish a perfect monopoly when they had the chance when gaming first appeared (while ignoring the one they already have except for Microsoft and online gaming which is mostly dominated by Blizzard and Koreans) while loads of companies ignore them and continue new and cool (and pathetic in most cases) new games. Gaming as it is now isn't as great as it used to be but as more people join the lucrative business revolutionary ideas are becoming seemingly scarcer and scarcer mostly because a lot of idiots (namely the people who make Miley Cyrus games and the like) don't have the brain power to come up with any. Gaming is still going strong and you can still find good games. The only problem now is that the good games are surrounded by increasingly large amounts of trash. You can probably find a lot of better games than CA if you looked hard enough but none of them as long lasting, versatile and available to so many people.

Ok I understand what you mean It's just I have found no entertaining game to play.
I have been playing flash games instead of Nexon games for the past month I have not had time to play CA; CA doesn't run well on my pc anymore since I switched to USB wireless internet which sucks so fucking bad you can play one match with out lag and If i were to log out of the game it would have to restart my computer instead because how much lag I have.

I understand now that garrys mod was a bad idea I was actually very tired at that point of time when I posted that.
If I do find a better game I would still like to see If anyone else would agree with me to move our clan to something new.
If this would happen it wouldn't happen anytime soon. I know this game is dieng out very quickly now I see that less people are now playing CA but more people are getting jobs since increase in age which gives them more of an opportunity to buy NX to give them selves a better way to play and increase there game style.

I am moving my gaming area to Halo: Reach since It is going to be the biggest game of the year and it's fore said the last Halo game in history which I am very un-happy about because Activision is going to now be dicks to Bungie just wait and you'll see what will later happen to bungie if Activision gets pissed again like what they did to InfinityWard.

If anyone wants to play any game with me then go to Kongregate.com that is were I play my amazing flash games and they are fun until you play it for more then a week.

I have a serous problem with games like CA; the problem is that my gaming style is Pro I play the game for fun but I have to win most of the time. But I don't win I am not very good at CA because I can't find my battle style (what equipment guns etc. to use) I unfortunately don't think I am going to be playing CA anytime soon or in the future If you read my other post in the general section It would tell you why.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 9:40 pm

ninjaian14 wrote:
Ok I understand what you mean It's just I have found no entertaining game to play.
I have been playing flash games instead of Nexon games for the past month I have not had time to play CA; CA doesn't run well on my pc anymore since I switched to USB wireless internet which sucks so fucking bad you can play one match with out lag and If i were to log out of the game it would have to restart my computer instead because how much lag I have.
Well, sounds like you should be bashing your internet connection and not Nexon.

ninjaian14 wrote:
I know this game is dieng out very quickly now I see that less people are now playing CA but more people are getting jobs since increase in age which gives them more of an opportunity to buy NX to give them selves a better way to play and increase there game style.
This game isn't dying out. You've confused the end of summer with an actual decline in players.

ninjaian14 wrote:
If anyone wants to play any game with me then go to Kongregate.com that is were I play my amazing flash games and they are fun until you play it for more then a week.
I'm tempted to do that. What level are you?

ninjaian14 wrote:
I have a serous problem with games like CA; the problem is that my gaming style is Pro I play the game for fun but I have to win most of the time. But I don't win I am not very good at CA because I can't find my battle style (what equipment guns etc. to use) I unfortunately don't think I am going to be playing CA anytime soon or in the future If you read my other post in the general section It would tell you why.
Fair enough. There are a lot of good players in CA and that does get annoying at times.

My advice would be to learn how to use pistols. If you can do that, you've mastered both aiming and tapfiring, and those skills transfer to just about any gun in the game.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 9:46 pm

Tyleh wrote:
ninjaian14 wrote:
Well, sounds like you should be bashing your internet connection and not Nexon.

ninjaian14 wrote:
I know this game is dieng out very quickly now I see that less people are now playing CA but more people are getting jobs since increase in age which gives them more of an opportunity to buy NX to give them selves a better way to play and increase there game style.
This game isn't dying out. You've confused the end of summer with an actual decline in players.

ninjaian14 wrote:
I'm tempted to do that. What level are you?

ninjaian14 wrote:
Fair enough. There are a lot of good players in CA and that does get annoying at times.

My advice would be to learn how to use pistols. If you can do that, you've mastered both aiming and tapfiring, and those skills transfer to just about any gun in the game.

I guess I should just blame my internet

I am aware that summer has ended

I am lvl13 now almost 14 I am so happy so close my account name is Ninjaian14 in-case if you where wondering so then you can add me as a friend Very Happy

Yes I agree their ar alot of good players and the really get on my nerves

Thanks I never thought or used at all pistols; I can't play CA anyways but thanks for the advice Fucking internet >Neutral
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 11:49 pm

@Ninjian14 (would quote but that would make for a really big post) Actually your general discussion post says nothing about why you hate Nexon (and you still haven't given much of a reason why you hate CA besides the fact that you are getting owned by a few crazy hardcore gamers which is what you will find in Halo: Reach since all online games have them). CA should NEVER crap out on you to the point where you have to restart your comp because of lag. If it doesn't close to the desktop if you press the windows key or Ctrl+Alt+Del (Ctrl+Shift+Esc for Win7 and and Vista) then you have a hardware problem. I have managed to play CA with a fraction of the bandwidth because my bro was downloading stuff and it was still manageable even though I was running on 50kbs so if CA is so laggy that you can't close CA normally you probably will not be able to get anything better on Halo: Reach since it also uses wireless internet (although I have found that the 360 and PS3 to have fairly good speeds even on wireless. Can't say the same for the wii on every game though since I have played hours of online Brawl games where a 2 min match would actually last 7 min because of laggers but I have seen online games of Mario Kart Wii run fairly smoothly).

CA as it is now is not dying out even though there have been a lot of NX earning gimmicks right now. I believe this is a coincidence for the most part since Maplestory ran a NX scam 3 years ago and has not pulled that crap again since then because of a retaliation by players in the forums and through tickets. The current decrease in players is because people are going back to school and since you need to earn a certain amount of GP a day to prevent yourself from going into a deficit people have reduced their gaming by a large margin.

On a side note I will not be playing as much as I would like during college because my parents are forbidding me to bring my computer to college and are forcing me to bring my craptop (even though I specifically planned to bring it 2 years ago when I bought it and discussed it intensively with them and have agreed till now). In the most laggiest spot in CA I get a min of 16 fps (max of 120 fps) so I will be playing a bit of L.O.L. (League of Legends) when I find the hardware lag + internet lag to be unbearable since it isn't as graphic intensive (unless you like RTS, DoTA and playing with a lot of hardcore gamers I suggest you don't play League of Legends). I plan to come back home during the winter to repossess my computer but until then I think I will only be able to get on each day for an hour at most.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 12:38 am

Dude Halo reach is for the fucking Xbox360 I can play that just fine for the Xbox360 has no lag and I play console games way better than PC games I am very pro at halo games and I have no hardware or software problem its just My computer isn't meant for gaming its mostly for like school shit and Programming.

Since it is your computer why can't you just bring it You shouldn't have to ask your grown enough I don't understand your parents.
I don't like to play many FPS games on the PC but I like a controller or a actual PC that is meant for gaming.
Also gaming computers die faster therefore I have kinda stopped gaming on my computer.

Another thing is I have to many things on my computer right now which also slows down my internet. Also I have USB wireless internet which sucks I don't have Antenna wireless internet because I am to poor for that for now.

After A year or two I will get a job and start building my own computer and get my self a laptop to For school and Gaming I also need extra hard drive for my PC for like back up or for more room so I can Run games an other things like that. I have a really good Graphics/Video card but since it is dieing it also causes lag to my PC.

I only had CA crap out on my twice and I forgot that was actually from my computer overheating because I t gets hot in my room since I am at the top floor and I get like no cooling My PC has like two fans so it has a bad cooling system therefore I have a fail PC not for gaming not ever going to game with it again. If i do build me own computer You'll definitely see me play CA again I was just over reacting to Nexon and I am sorry about that.

In the future If you want to talk to me more about this Daraku9 then pm me I don't want to just get this whole thing just us two talking about it and like forum spamming IDK if it is considered that but I only see me and you mostly the one's talking in this discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Play Combat Arms   Why Play Combat Arms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Play Combat Arms
Page 1 of 1