UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear I_vote_lcapAn In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear I_voting_barAn In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear I_vote_lcapAn In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear I_voting_barAn In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Empty
PostSubject: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 4:26 pm

In a previous post I may have been a little hard on heavy gear, so I decided to look into some of the stats for myself and crunch some numbers. Here's what I found:

The gear with the highest stats in each of the categories (Head, Face, Vest) are the subject of the study.

For the Head slot, the highest headshot protection goes to the Pilot Helmet at 35%, with no restrictions to the face slot. It's only available at a steep 2LT2 for 550GP/day.

For the Face, there are several items with 3% protection including the Skull Mask series (available to everyone for 2,000NX/30 days) and the Hammer Face Guard, only available at MSG3 for 400GP/day.

The top in the Vest class of course goes to the Tanker Vest with 17% general protection and 9% speed reduction (smaller than the Heavy's 10% reduction). It is available to everyone for a little under $5 per 30 days--4900NX/30 days.

The above loadout will give you a whopping 55% headshot protection, 17% general protection and only a 9% loss in speed. If the stats don't lie, then that is the exact amount of protection you can get and the damage you receive while wearing the best defensive loadout in the game can be expressed as:

headshot damage - (headshot damage x 0.55) = total damage received

Now if the above is true, and the fact that it takes 100 damage for a lethal shot at max HP, then all you need to find the usefulness of the armor is the headshot damage. For that, I had Daraku9 headshot me (I was wearing no vests or headgear at the time) at medium-long range with a G36E. In 3 trials, we averaged 268 damage per headshot. So, using the above:

268 - (268 x 0.55) = damage
268 - 147.4 = damage
120.6 = damage

Even with MAX DEFENSIVE STATS, there is no possible way to tank a headshot from a G36E at a reasonably long distance. Of course, I suppose if you were to get hit from the other side of the map on Snow Valley, the damage dropoff would be great enough to allow you to tank it. But, that's a hard shot to pull off.

The verdict?
Headshot protection stats are absolutely useless, unless you're in a pistols- or melee-only match, which I don't care to test because if you're that stupid to spend $7 for items that may or may not benefit you in a hardly-played gametype, you're probably not that good anyway.

<3,
Tyleh.
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
gamerpro2011

IGN : gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 2:05 am

well with the normal vest u can tank a l9 shot but this happens rarly
Back to top Go down
desiareluvbird
Retired Member
Retired Member
desiareluvbird

IGN : pker1212

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 4:21 pm

ha! like last time or yesterday gamre and i were playing u tanked my l9 shot D:.... but with balance vest u prolly can tank a l9 shot from body and below i think..
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 6:47 pm

desiareluvbird wrote:
ha! like last time or yesterday gamre and i were playing u tanked my l9 shot D:.... but with balance vest u prolly can tank a l9 shot from body and below i think..
Leg/foot shots do less damage, of course. I'm not going to test how much but I would say that with the regular vest it's possible to take one to the foot.

Obviously, though, it's still not a smart idea to run into sniper infested territory with a heavy or tanker vest and expect to last very long.
Back to top Go down
desiareluvbird
Retired Member
Retired Member
desiareluvbird

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 6:51 pm

true but we were doing sniper only and like i no scoped him and shot him in the chest and he tanked it! lol
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 6:55 pm

Sometimes lag or extreme distances can cause that. If it was close it was more than likely lag or you didn't hit him in the chest like you thought. You have to remember the bullet never goes right where the crosshairs are in this game (which is one of my major beefs about the game).
Back to top Go down
desiareluvbird
Retired Member
Retired Member
desiareluvbird

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 6:57 pm

well i was really close to him and on my laptop i was DLing CA too so i can stay up and play but i was extremly lagging when it was at 50% and i thought u hit him in the cest cuz i saw him move when i shot....
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 6:58 pm

Could be a glitch/lag spike. Tanking shots don't happen to often and apparently there can be weird glitches/lag spike in the game like delayed fall damage and there is a video on youtube of someone getting L9 kills even though he clearly missed and shot a pole instead in the slow motion.
Back to top Go down
desiareluvbird
Retired Member
Retired Member
desiareluvbird

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 7:00 pm

oh... but i was lagging liek crazy after 50% and like when last time i shot him after 2mins it said i got 29kills.. and i was like wtf...... and ea time i move i move back all the way where i started
Back to top Go down
DyingHeaven
Admin
Admin
DyingHeaven

IGN : DyingHeaven

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 11:04 pm

Tyleh wrote:
Leg/foot shots do less damage, of course. I'm not going to test how much but I would say that with the regular vest it's possible to take one to the foot.

Lol, well, with the L11 I know for a fact that a foot shot is a 1 hit kill, quite a few people neglect their feet when taking cover...
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 11:26 pm

Dying Heavens wrote:
Tyleh wrote:

Lol, well, with the L11 I know for a fact that a foot shot is a 1 hit kill, quite a few people neglect their feet when taking cover...
How far away do you have to be? I know that from truck to truck in Roadkill a footshot is far from lethal with an M107, and I think the L115 and M107 have similar damage stats.
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 8:32 am

im not sure ive heard da recon vest is pretty good but not rly sure does any1 now how it is ?
Back to top Go down
desiareluvbird
Retired Member
Retired Member
desiareluvbird

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 4:17 pm

i had it once on my other accoucts and the recon vest is kinda good for me...
Back to top Go down
DyingHeaven
Admin
Admin
DyingHeaven

IGN : DyingHeaven

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 4:23 pm

Tyleh wrote:
Dying Heavens wrote:

How far away do you have to be? I know that from truck to truck in Roadkill a footshot is far from lethal with an M107, and I think the L115 and M107 have similar damage stats.

Well, I don't really know exactly how far obviously, but I've gotten 1 hit kills from across Junk Flea (not that far lol) and 1 hit killed someone in the foot base-to-base in Rattlesnake
Back to top Go down
desiareluvbird
Retired Member
Retired Member
desiareluvbird

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 4:27 pm

welll i dont think like the l115 is that good cuz from shooting some1 in the foot i dont even no how they could die from that i mean like really its on their foot and then they die...... i think it didnt hit his foot cuz last time i tryed that gamer didnt die from getting shot from the foot
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 5:18 pm

lol cuz im superman and ya it can i think well ive done it b4 and the l9 Artic wolf how is it
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 1:01 am

Your HP loss isn't always the same point for point even at similar distances. I'm guessing damage calculations and damage amounts are done on the server because otherwise people would have accurately found out the damage for all the guns and stuck them on a chart (such charts exist but only after long hours of dedicated testing and finding averages by players and were not created by dissecting CA code).
Back to top Go down
desiareluvbird
Retired Member
Retired Member
desiareluvbird

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2010, 12:14 am

welll... i dont think it's any of those cuz i mostly lag on my laptop so it could of been that or just prolly something wrong... i dont no but mabey not hp loss thou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear   An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An In-Depth Analysis of Heavy Gear
Page 1 of 1