UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Ping Combat Arms Servers I_vote_lcapPing Combat Arms Servers I_voting_barPing Combat Arms Servers I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Ping Combat Arms Servers I_vote_lcapPing Combat Arms Servers I_voting_barPing Combat Arms Servers I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Ping Combat Arms Servers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

Ping Combat Arms Servers Empty
PostSubject: Ping Combat Arms Servers   Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2010, 2:34 am

I got bored and was looking for a way to determine my internet connection speed with Nexon's servers when I found a thread on Mabinogi where someone found a way to ping the Mabinogi servers.

For those who don't know pinging is when you send a message to a computer somewhere that sends a message back. This delay is kind of like an internet version of echo and can be calculated in milliseconds (lower numbers are better). This isn't necessarily going to determine your internet speed since all ping is calculating is your physical distance from the CA servers. In other words if you live in Nevada and your ping is 40 you won't necessarily have 10x less lag than an Aussie or a Kiwi who has a ping of 400 since computer, network connection, internet provider, and a bunch of other things are calculated in the mix. Your ping is basically an arbitrary measurement that is specific to yourself and differences in pings from the various servers determine your relative speed to each one rather than against other people. Your ping isn't going to help much in CWs since you are always going to be playing in channel 1 unless you arrange a CW with a clan in the second server but it may help you decide which channel to pick out of available ones or server out of the ones you want to play in.

To ping a server you have to go to your command prompt (either RUN cmd or you can find it using the search function of you have vista or Win 7 (you could probably find it in XP but the Vista and Win 7 search functions are faster but using run would be much more reliable)). To ping the server simply type ping (IP address) (example: ping 123.45.678.90) and press enter. The command prompt will ping the server 4 times and come up with an average (again lower = better). This is apparently a bit inaccurate in some cases but this is the most conventional way of doing it without having to do some crazy programing and modding crap that will probably get you banned.

The list of the IP addresses are below:

If an IP next to a sever then it is the IP of the server's lobby.

The IP of the server selection page is 208.85.111.18

Papa: 208.85.111.242
Channel 1 208.85.111.64
Channel 2 208.85.111.65
Channel 3 208.85.111.41
Channel 4 208.85.111.42
Channel 5 208.85.111.43
Channel 6
Channel 7 208.85.111.56
Channel 8 208.85.111.66

Jackson:

Golf: 208.85.111.238
Channel 1 208.85.111.46
Channel 2 208.85.111.39
Channel 3 208.85.111.40
Channel 4 208.85.111.62
Channel 5 208.85.111.21

Charlie: 208.85.111.18
Channel 1 208.85.111.26
Channel 2 208.85.111.27
Channel 3

Bravo: 208.85.111.11
Channel 1 208.85.111.33
Channel 2 208.85.111.34
Channel 3 208.85.111.35
Channel 4 208.85.111.36
Channel 5
Channel 6 208.85.111.38
Channel 7
Channel 8
Channel 9 208.85.111.57

Hotel:

Bulldog:

Black Market:

Alpha:

Foxtrot:

Tango:

Delta:

I don't want to mess with the Clans record, level the mule I used to get the information (just in case Nexon decided to ban my account for using a program to find the IPs by looking at the data sent between my computer and the server even though there is absolutely no reason to believe they would since the program does nothing but view computer/server transactions), buy NX, or get on a game with those power leveling losers in the Delta server so I won't be doing Delta, Tango, Black Market, Bulldog, and a bunch of other servers.

I will probably be updating this list as time goes on (the channels with blanks means I couldn't find an available room to enter in that channel while I was looking through them). After seeing the deviations in these numbers I hope Nexon isn't swapping the servers around (completely illogical since the capabilities and server loads of the servers should be constant but it's possible) during the server maintenance.

Disclaimer: I got the information on how to do all this from this site (http://www.mabiguru.com/forums/guide-submission-hall/2070-pinging-servers-how-much-am-i-actually-lagging.html) but the rest of the work including finding all the IPs to the servers myself.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Ping Combat Arms Servers   Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2010, 1:49 pm

If you could figure out the user agent string Combat Arms uses, you could probably actually browse around a bit in some of the inner workings of the server.

User agent strings are what tells websites what browser/OS you're using at the time, and most of the current browsers support some functionality to change that. Right now you can't directly connect to any of those IP addresses by just pasting them into your browser's address bar, but if your browser were to fake being the CA game client, you might get some interesting results.
Back to top Go down
gamerpro2011
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
gamerpro2011

IGN : gamerpro2011

PostSubject: Re: Ping Combat Arms Servers   Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 4:24 pm

lol pshh that takes time AND who has time on there hands jks but yaaa i sohuld try to do that on da next maintence or some other time lol sounds like it would b a tad lil intresting
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Ping Combat Arms Servers   Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 9:17 pm

Nexon has announced that they are reducing server lag by creating an east and west server. I believe that most of our members are in the west server but as of now I don't think we will have an official server for the clan (even if we do decide to have an official server it's not like you can't play on the other one when you feel like it. At most we will only have CWs/events in a particular server if we decide to make the west/east server our official server). I quit updating the IP list a while ago because all the servers were in LA and knowing that your connection to the server sucks meant nothing but now that there are in different locations I will update the list so that people who aren't sure which server is best can ping them to find out. I looked over the CA TOS and it seems that packet sniffers are bannable but since I have been finding the IPs on a mule and because the stuff I have been doing isn't harming anyone I will start looking for the IPs once the east server Beta phase is over.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Ping Combat Arms Servers   Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 4:26 am

Hmmmm, I think it's best if we pick a server for the clan and stay in that one. There's no point in having a clan if you're playing in a different server that the rest of your clan members. We should pick the one that most of the players are closest to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping Combat Arms Servers   Ping Combat Arms Servers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping Combat Arms Servers
Page 1 of 1