UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
AFK Lag Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
AFK Lag I_vote_lcapAFK Lag I_voting_barAFK Lag I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

AFK Lag

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2011, 9:30 pm

I don't usually go afk in CA but I've noticed that when I do (usually for 30min or longer) most of the time the lobby will lag like crazy and I was wondering if anyone else was getting this kind of bug. If you guys are then I might send in a ticket. I suppose Nexon would find that kind of information much more helpful than the typical bug ticket: "FIX THE LAG". Speaking of "lag", has anyone else been getting FPS drops in game? Since the latest update I don't think my FPS has gone below 60 but I'm not entirely sure since I haven't had fraps open recently to confirm it.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2011, 1:48 am

"I don't always go AFK in Combat Arms, but when I do, I make everyone else lag."
Sorry, when I started reading your post, I couldn't help thinking of the Most Interesting Man in the World.

FPS issues have been around so long, I don't even know when there's been a lag spike. As far as being AFK in the lobby, I'm not sure about whether CA lags to save resources while I'm gone, but I haven't noticed any lag when I get back. The lobby is actually the only place where I can get 60 FPS. In-game, I'm satisfied with 15.
Lag spikes sometimes occur after patches and hotfixes, or when a hacking site has found a way to get their hacks to work again.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2011, 5:36 am

So that's the guy in the commercial.... Even knowing that I still can't find the picture I found earlier that says:"I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink alone *TROLLD*"

I guess you don't have the lobby lag problem then. When I mean an fps drop in the lobby I mean a drop from 270 to 9 FPS drop. I suppose Nexon is slowly finding the solution to the FPS problem then since I haven't gotten an FPS drop since the last new update even after playing a bit more this afternoon. Speaking of which, my computer will actually try to load the clan settings page before getting the "Cannot connect to server!" message so they have finally started working on that problem too.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2011, 10:43 am

Combat Arms and there lags is just getting worse and worse, do you think they are doing this on purpose?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
fishythefish
fishythefish

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2011, 12:45 pm

The problem is that as Nexon adds more and more to the game without upgrading their servers and without optimizing the new stuff, the lag is going to keep growing. I for one wouldn't mind if Nexon would stop adding new content long enough to fix their technical issues. I don't even mind downtime.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2011, 10:10 am

I really REALLY like the new map and the Abilities Smile To bad whenever you use certain ones It might lag
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2011, 11:23 am

And with the addition of abilities (perks), CA comes one step closer to just being CoD. Once again, this is something we could live without if Nexon spent its time fixing lag issues.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2011, 1:32 pm

From what I understand Nexon programmers add new content into a test client (including a ton of stuff they don't add to the game) and when they are going to patch the game they take the stuff that they want and stick it into the normal client so they might not see some of the most obvious bugs except during maintenance. I am a tester in the Maplestory test server and there are a lot of obvious bugs that have been in the test server since it was released over a year ago but haven't been patched or added to the normal client. Based on the changes in FPS that I used to see in game all the time (not so much since the last patch) it seems like something (probably Black Cipher but it might be part of the program that has to do with processing other players) is running inefficiently and consuming a ton of resources since the problem seems non existent in 1v1 games but gets exponentially worse with each additional player.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2011, 7:55 pm

Same goes for Vindictus. More players = more lag (agreeing with Daraku9).

What does an additional person add that makes it so everyone lags?
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2011, 12:49 am

If one connection is made between every pair of players in order to send player data, the total number of connections made is n(n-1)/2. It shouldn't be hard to see why this causes lag to grow quickly.

I'm not willing to blame Black Cipher, because these lag issues have been around for a long time. After certain patches, there are lag spikes, and then residual lag accumulates. I know a lot of people complain about the Gun Emporium patch, since there was a lag spike after that, but there have been similar lag spikes before that as well. My guess is that it's as simple as Nexon adding more to the game without upgrading the servers - therefore, more data needs to be processed and transmitted (and this probably isn't even optimized), but the servers aren't set to handle the increased load.
Also, Black Cipher is a client-side program, and it runs before the game actually starts, so it should have nothing to do with lag growing as each player joins.

And by the way, Black Cipher caused the most dramatic decrease in hacks I've seen in quite a while, so I fully support it right now.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2011, 2:10 am

Actually about 80% of the lag in Vindictus is from crap hosts. Vindictus uses a P2P system and an outrageous number of hosts run on dial up, have a computer that was made in 2004 or earlier, or are European and refuse to stop proxying even though Vindictus EU will be in open beta soon. Hopefully they won't release the XE server in the Global version like they seem to be doing in the UK.

I just think it's Black Cipher because the game developers would really be tampering with the other things in the game like character rendering unless it was to fix some bugs or something and it shouldn't make the game take up more resources. Black Cipher is horribly underrated and it is making it a lot harder for people to hack but I can't really see any other way the game could get inefficient as it is now. There is a chance that it isn't Black Cipher noting how irrelevant bugs seem to get added in maplestory patches but idk.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2011, 4:10 pm

But when Black Cipher was released, I didn't notice a lag spike beyond the lag that had already been around for a few months. I haven't checked in Task Manager (could someone do this?), but I think Black Cipher runs as an offline, client-side program before the game actually starts, and then doesn't continue to run when Combat Arms has actually started.

I'm not saying it's because the developers are messing with other stuff - I'm saying it might be because that stuff isn't optimized and needs to be messed with, and that new content keeps getting added, causing a greater load on the servers, which aren't being upgraded as needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AFK Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFK Lag   AFK Lag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AFK Lag
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: