UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin I_vote_lcapDark Knight Vs. Paladin I_voting_barDark Knight Vs. Paladin I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Dark Knight Vs. Paladin I_vote_lcapDark Knight Vs. Paladin I_voting_barDark Knight Vs. Paladin I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Dark Knight Vs. Paladin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Empty
PostSubject: Dark Knight Vs. Paladin   Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2011, 2:38 am

At level 40 you can do a chain of quests that allow you to become either a DK or a Pally. There is a heated debate over which one is better and before I get any further I am going to make it clear that IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHICH ONE YOU PICK. The only way you can pick the wrong one is if you pick one that doesn't suit your play style or if you ignore the paragraph below:

Before you read any further if you suck at Vindictus and find yourself constantly being mauled by the bosses against a wall in the first few minutes of the boss fights and die a few seconds after being revived then please stop reading this post and pick Paladin. At the least you might be able to take an extra hit or two and distract the boss a bit before you die. Conversely, if your a maniac who doesn't get hit like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vk3V8L-QeY please pick DK (if you really are this good please continue reading if you feel like it).

The remaining people who are reading should be average players (or people who are extremely stupid and should uninstall the game and are reading out of spite or people who are pro and are curious to what I have to say). The choice you pick should reflect your play style so if you find yourself playing close to the bosses in order to try to get small hits or you like to finish your hit when the boss's vulnerability phase ends to get an extra hit in or finish a smash pick Paladin. On the other hand if you like to wait out a bit and then do as much damage as possible when the boss is vulnerable pick DK. Paladins have extra armor but are NOT meant to tank. If you meet someone who picked Paladin to tank hits (unless they mean block hits with a shield as a Fiona, magic amber as Evie or Shock Absorb as Karok) then that person is an idiot and chose the right transformation and will hopefully last a little longer before dying if you boat with them. Anyone who has gotten to level 40 should know that the game emphasizes not getting hit and should be able to mentally grasp the game mechanics. Being a Pally will not allow you to ignore boss attack and let you pump out as much damage as you like. The extra armor that Pallys get allows them to play a little more aggressively since they will be able to take an extra hit or two compared to DKs without dying or having to run away to drink a pot. At the same time the extra damage that DKs get allows them to increase the damage they do in smaller intervals and do a ton of damage during vulnerability phases but makes them more vulnerable to attacks compared to Pallys. In other words DKs get more damage and Pallys get more flexibility in their play style. Take note that the extra attack and m attack that is received from the DK skill steal is fixed off your damage but not steal rank so don't rank that up thinking that you can smash attack on the other side of the map to steal damage and then maul a boss when you hit the damage cap.

In other words pick a transformation that you think fits your playstyle or the playstyle of your charachter. For example you could pick DK for Lann since a Lann's role in a party is to be the damage dealer or you could pick Pally so that if you misjudge the length of a boss's vulnerability phase you can take a hit without having to worry as much.

Last edited by Daraku9 on October 13th 2011, 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Vs. Paladin   Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2011, 4:41 am

Thanks for the help! I am going to choose DK! Very Happy Oh and that guy on that videos is Boss!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Vs. Paladin   Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2011, 3:51 am

I REALLY want to stress that it isn't important which you pick unless you pick one without thinking about it much but if it helps this is what I decided for my characters:

Lann: DK since Lann is a damage dealer although getting hit a few times can get me pretty close to being killed.

Fiona: Pally since I often find myself camping under heavy stander during hard boss battles and I run out of stamina on occasion. This is mostly because the other people in the boat usually just sit around while I get pummeled. Otherwise I find the extra armor to be useful since Fionas fight fairly close to bosses and the extra flexibility is nice.

Evie: DK. Staff Evies typically keep a distance, the scythe skill blink is OP and since most of your health is magic armor (the bonus def isn't going to help much since Evie already has crap DEF) you really don't need more DEF.

Karok: DK. Generally speaking I am fairly good at using shock absorb so I don't need the extra DEF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Vs. Paladin   Dark Knight Vs. Paladin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Vs. Paladin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: Vindictus :: Guides-
Jump to: