UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
NX overpriced? I_vote_lcapNX overpriced? I_voting_barNX overpriced? I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

NX overpriced?

Go down 
3 posters

Should they lower NX weapon price, Increase NX amount with same pay, or lower the price of NX it's self?
Decrease NX weapon price
NX overpriced? I_vote_lcap50%NX overpriced? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Increase amount of NX at same price it has been
NX overpriced? I_vote_lcap0%NX overpriced? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Decrease the price of NX
NX overpriced? I_vote_lcap0%NX overpriced? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
All of the above xD :D
NX overpriced? I_vote_lcap50%NX overpriced? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

NX overpriced? Empty
PostSubject: NX overpriced?   NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 10:22 pm

I think NX is overpriced and that it is so stupid how you cant get any of the NX weapons with GP and the fact that their is the virtual currency of NX.

Although it is their for a purpose, to get Nexon more money and be richer. D:

I would like NX but I can't afford any NX because it costs to much $10 for 10000NX is kinda lame i wish they would give you more than that all the guns are worth way too much.

They should either lower the price of the NX weapons or lower the price of NX or increase the amount of NX you get from the price you pay.

Does anyone else agree, or disagree?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

NX overpriced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NX overpriced?   NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 2:53 am

I haven't been keeping a very good track of NX pricing of LE weapons but considering that the pricing of the LE weapons has varied quite a bit I think that the purpose of them was to decide the price of permanent NX weapons. The rational behind this is much more complicated but it can be simply explained in this way by the graph below:

NX overpriced? Econom10

I don't know what Nexon is planning and I'm very rusty on econ (this isn't exactly applicative in some cases since virtual economies and real ones are dramatically different in some areas) but basically I think Nexon was using the LE weapons to decide the pricing of permanent weapons. As you can see from the graph if Nexon picks a high price for their items no one will buy NX and if they pick a low price many people will buy them but their revenue might not be that high. The goal is to find a price that the majority of people will accept so they can make the most profit. The prices of the LE items (and the GP permanent items) has varied implying that Nexon was testing out the prices of their items to see how the sale went. I say that it isn't exactly applicative because unlike real life these items are permanent so you won't need to buy new ones and depending on the person a particular individual might not buy any more guns even after the first purchase which will make Nexon loose money because that person decided not to buy the items that do expire. Therefore Nexon had to take the extra precaution of deciding whether or not the outcomes of this sale was effecting the sale of their other items since the non permanent ones are substitute goods. In short Nexon has decided that the current pricing is the most appropriate since it is a high price but low enough for the average person to accept and therefore reasonable enough to the average person (and overall earns the most profit). More specifically option 1 of the poll would void at least a year of Nexon's efforts in price testing and option 2/3 would throw a wrench into the balance of the economies of Nexon's other games ignoring whether or not their prices are fair.

Oddly enough I think this is the best course of action since our version of Nexon is developing content for Combat Arms as a whole unlike Nexon's other games which we basically just translate into English from Korean. Nexon has to develop new content so that the other versions of Combat Arms (I believe most notably are Japan, Korea, Brazil and Europe) so it is perfectly logical that they need more revenue to fund the game since they actually have to design new updates.

Edit: since Nexon has been releasing Permanent GP items for a short period of time it is possible that eventually they will allow the purchase of permanent GP weapons without having to cap out at 3500 days.

Last edited by Daraku9 on January 10th 2011, 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "Edit")
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

NX overpriced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NX overpriced?   NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 9:11 pm

I completely agree with you and you have really thought this through! Yes, I did take the time to read the whole thing and i more than overly agree with you. Thanks for your time and effort of defending your opinion on this poll with all of this data that you have found and thought is a great way to show that you know what your talking about, I really liked your post, you helped me think through to which option should really happen!

And again Thank You, Daraku9!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
fishythefish
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

NX overpriced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NX overpriced?   NX overpriced? Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 10:51 pm

Whenever Nexon changes the prices of NX (or its value), there's gonna be complaints from one of two sides:

1. The NX Users will support more NX per dollar, or cheaper NX weapons, but will oppose price raises.

2. GP Users (myself included, if no one's noticed), i.e. those that ONLY use GP, would complain that the already large advantage given to NX users is being increased even further (though, in the NX Users' defense, they ARE paying for it).

Personally, I don't buy NX - with enough skill, you can get around some advantages in-game. For example, noobs with NX will get pwned, regardless, while a 1 point damage difference in the GP and NX versions of a gun won't make significant differences. (It'll still be a 3-hit kill, for example, for both versions of a certain AR.) I would appreciate surveys that don't require all the credit card and automobile information or ones that have higher payout. (But then again, they really wouldn't be worth the NX payout and much easier to dump fake answers in...)

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NX overpriced? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NX overpriced?   NX overpriced? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NX overpriced?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: General :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: