UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Combat Arms Forum Dump I_vote_lcapCombat Arms Forum Dump I_voting_barCombat Arms Forum Dump I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Combat Arms Forum Dump I_vote_lcapCombat Arms Forum Dump I_voting_barCombat Arms Forum Dump I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Combat Arms Forum Dump

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

Combat Arms Forum Dump Empty
PostSubject: Combat Arms Forum Dump   Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2011, 8:32 pm

As stated on the website, the CA forums are going to be brought down soon and a lot of the useful posts on it are going to be gone. Before this happens I intend to copy paste and more or less "dump" as much of the useful posts as I can into our forums. If anyone else wants to do the same feel free to post all text or pictures of helpful posts below.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Forum Dump   Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the Combat Arms Technical Support Section!

Before making a post about an issue or problem that you are experiencing, I would ask if you could please check for a solution in the:

Combat Arms Tech Support Guide

If you can't find the answer, then feel free to ask for help.

Opening Posts should include:

Operating System (Windows XP, Vista, 7 etc.)
RAM
Video Card
CPU
Version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC (Doesn't matter if you don't use it)

When applicable, include:
Internet Connection speed
Exact error message
Link to screenshot of error
Frequency you receive error
Date/Time error started
Any additional information that you believe could help

Thank you, and a special nod to the dedicated Nexon players that take the time to help one another!

Note: Please remember that the only way to receive official Nexon support on an issue is through the Customer Support Ticket System (?) on the Nexon website.

Please do not:

Ask about account Suspensions or Bans
You will be redirect to Submit a Ticket (?) as those issues cannot be handled on the forums.

Ask about CBL issues
The CBL has it's own forums for you to handle issues and disputes, I'm sure it would be easier for CC_FANG or another CBL member to answer your questions there.

Ask questions directed at Nexon GM's, Kalika, or other Nexon Staff
Again, you will be redirect to Submit a Ticket (?) as Nexon will not respond to them on the forums

Hijack another player's thread.
If your issue is not exactly the same as the topic of the thread or the issue being discussed, please do not post in that thread with your problem. Make a new thread requesting help and detailing your issue.

Report Hackers on the forums
A moderator will simply lock your thread. Please report players here:
http://combatarms.nexon.net/Reporting/PlayerAbuse.aspx

Updated: 9/26/11

Below is the Old tech support guide for Combat Arms. The articles are still relevant, but outdated.

The New tech support guide is in the middle of having these articles transferred and updated here.

===========================================

Hello,

All common issues and problems are listed here, each with the best known solution for each. (If you believe you know a better solution to the problem please post it on this thread and it may be included in the next update)

The guide is broken into 3 main sections with a number of subcategories:

A - Common Technical Issues
Website Related
Issue I - Game does not Launch from Website
Issue II - Buying NX online or doing NX surveys gives me "Error.(Code= 0)"

Client Related
Issue III - Totally Black screen after launching
Issue IV - Messenger is blank/Clan Chat not working
Issue V - Black screen when in smoke or fire
Issue VI - "Artifacts" or Graphical glitches appear onscreen
Issue VII - Black Screen at Character Creation screen and in Shop
Issue VIII - Clan search/settings page is entirely white/blank
Issue IX - Cannot manage/see clan beyond page 11 in clan settings
Issue X - Black Bars on Sides of Screen

Other
Issue XI - In-Game recorder video fails to play correctly
Issue XII - Cannot receive Emails from Nexon (using Windows Live or Hotmail account)

B - Common Error Codes
* I - ErrorCode= -22 / ErrorCode= 30022 / Error Code= PI, 30022
* II - ErrorCode= -21/30021
* III - ErrorCode= PI, 30004
* IV - ErrorCode= -40
* V - ErrorCode= -60 / ErrorCode= 10060 / Error Code= -2,10060
* VI - ErrorCode= -30 / ErrorCode= -31
* VII - ErrorCode= -50
* VIII - Failed to verify user. Please retry. [8 ]
* IX - ErrorCode= -10
* X - ErrorCode= -11
* XI - ErrorCode= -12
* XII - ErrorCode= -13
* XIII - ErrorCode= -14
* XIV - Cannot Locate NGM Module
* XV - ErrorCode= -20
* XVI - GetDeviceCaps () failed!
* XVII - IDS_APP_SHUTDOWN_1
* XVIII - Failed to update protection modules! - Error Code [0x30000030]
* XIX - ErrorCode= 204
* XX - Server Error: 65
* XXI - Server Error: 17
* XXII - ErrorCode= -2/10013
* XXIII - Server error (Error: 51):

C - Misc Information and how to fix FPS issues
- How to see your FPS and what it means
- Hardware Performance issues
I - CPU (Central Processing Unit)
II - Graphics card
III - RAM (Random Access Memory)

- Software Performance Issues
IV - Updating and checking Graphics Drivers
V - Gamebooster
VI - Unnecessary Start-up Processes and Services
VII - Task Manager

Section Index:
A - Common Technical Issues
Website Related
Issue I - Game does not Launch from Website
Issue II - Buying NX online or doing NX surveys gives me "Error.(Code= 0)"

Client Related
Issue III - Totally Black screen after launching
Issue IV - Messenger is blank/Clan Chat not working
Issue V - Black screen when in smoke or fire
Issue VI - "Artifacts" or Graphical glitches appear onscreen
Issue VII - Black Screen at Character Creation screen and in Shop
Issue VIII - Clan search/settings page is entirely white/blank
Issue IX - Cannot manage/see clan beyond page 11 in clan settings

Other
Issue X - In-Game recorder video fails to play correctly
Issue XI - Cannot receive Emails from Nexon (using Windows Live or Hotmail account)

This is a compilation of known common Technical Issues and solutions.

If the solution does not work or the Technical Issue you have is not listed here please post a new topic on the tech support forums and post a reply here so I can correct or add it. Also, Please provide details, updates, and better/alternative solutions to the problem here so I can update this section to help others with similar problems in the future.

Section A - Issue I: Game does not Launch from Website

I'm trying to launch the game from the website, but I still can't start the game!:

The #1 solution to this problem is to clear your Temporary Internet Files as well as the Browser Cache and then refresh the page.

How to clear Cookies, Temporary Internet Files and Cache for ALL common browsers:

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050

Also make sure your "Nexon Game Controller" plug-in for your browser is enabled, otherwise it won't work.

Note:

If this does not solve the problem run Combat Arms the old way as suggested here:
# Double-click on your Combat Arms folder (the default location is C:\Nexon\Combat Arms)
# Double-click on the icon labeled CombatArms_Direct.exe
# This should launch Combat Arms the old way, and will bring up the login screen. You can then login with your Nexon Passport ID to play Combat Arms.

If the solutions above do not work it may be an indication that there is something wrong with your client or PC and not the website itself.

However, please post here with details and submit a ticket to Customer Support in:

Category: Tech Support / Bug Report
Subcategory: Website
Subject: Problems launching Combat Arms from Website
Body: Begin with the phrase “Problems launching Combat Arms from Website”, and include:

* Details of your operating system,
* Which browser you were attempting to launch Combat Arms from
* A brief descr1ption of what happened

*If you have an open ticket with Customer Support, please include the phrase "Problems Launching Combat Arms from Website" in a comment on the open ticket, along with the details of your operating system, which browser you were attempting to launch Combat Arms from, and a brief descr1ption of what happened.

Section A - Issue II: Buying NX online or doing NX surveys gives me "Error.(Code= 0)"

I receive "Error.(Code= 0)"when buying NX online or try to complete NX surveys:

Article Replaced:

Article-(Code: 0)

Section A - Issue III: Black screen after launching

I get a black screen when I launch Combat Arms. All I see is my mouse cursor. Why is this happening?:

Alt+Tab out and make sure that your firewall and anti-virus software are not blocking the game and are set to allow Combat Arms.

This usually happens with ZoneAlarm Firewall.

Section A - Issue IV: Messenger is blank/Clan Chat not working

Messenger is blank/Clan Chat not working:

This may happen randomly if your connection was disrupted or inconsistent while logging in. Close Combat Arms and relogin to fix the issue.

Random: I encounter this issue far more frequently when I use CombatArms_Direct.exe as opposed to using the website to login.

If it happens every time your start Combat Arms, your firewall, anti-virus, or router are blocking the services necessary to run it. Check to make sure they aren't being blocked, specifically "NMMessenger.exe".

(possible myth) - Sometimes after a patch, the server that manages these services may be down for a day or so, or may have difficulties re-establishing their connection to their clients. - (possible myth)

Section A - Issue V - Black screen when in smoke or fire

I get a black screen whenever I run into Gas or Fire or out of bounds in Cabin Fever and Black Lung:

This is an issue caused by having a graphics card that does not fully support TnL Rendering (Transform and Lighting), or a Graphics Card that has outdated drivers.

A very large percentage of Integrated Graphics Chipset users will experience this problem.

All I can say to that is: Buy an actual, real graphics card.

Very rarely is this caused by outdated drivers, you can try to update your drivers to see if this resolves the issue. Most likely it won't.

See "Section C - IV - Updating your graphics drivers" for more details on updating your drivers.

Section A - Issue VI - "Artifacts" or Graphical glitches appear onscreen

I see weird triangle shapes (Artifacts) or colors on my screen:

This can have many causes ranging from unstable or overheated hardware to corrupted or outdated graphics drivers.

I suggest you update your drivers and obtain some form of hardware temp monitor that your motherboard or graphics card supports and check to make sure they don't go over. Also, if you are overclocking, this is a clear sign that you have done something wrong.

See "Section C - IV - Updating your graphics drivers" for more details on checking and updating your graphics drivers.

If you have an Integrated Graphics Chipset and you experience this problem:

All I can say to that is: Buy an actual, real graphics card.

Section A - Issue VII - Black Screen at Character Creation screen and in Shop

I get a black screen when I go to create my character or enter the shop:

This can have many causes ranging from poor performance and sub-par hardware to corrupted or outdated graphics drivers.

Very rarely is this caused by outdated drivers, you can try to update your drivers to see if this resolves the issue. Most likely it won't.

See "Section C - IV - Updating your graphics drivers" for more details on checking and updating your graphics drivers.

If you have an Integrated Graphics Chipset and you experience this problem, all I can say to that is:

I'm sorry, but buy an actual, real graphics card to play games. =/

Section A - Issue VIII - Clan page screen is entirely white/blank

When I click "Manage clan" or "Clan Search" the screen is white?!:
So far it seems that installing Internet Explorer 9 Beta will cause issues with the Game client. If you have installed the IE9 Beta, it is recommended that you uninstall it to resolve this issue.

How to uninstall (Windows XP):

-Click "Start"

-Select "Control Panel"

-Choose "Add or Remove Programs"

-Check the box "Show Updates"

Look for the IE9 Beta update and remove it, your system should revert to IE8

How to uninstall (Windows Vista/7):

-Click "Windows Orb"

-Select "Control Panel"

-Choose "Uninstall a Program/Programs and Features"

-Click the option "Show Updates" in the left side window pane.

-Type "Internet" in the search box at the upper right hand corner of the window to make it easier for you to find.
Look for the IE9 Beta update and remove it, your system should revert to IE8

Thanks to liquidsin74 for first pointing this out.

Section A - Issue IX - Cannot manage/see clan beyond page 11 in clan settings

Cannot see past the (50th?) member in the clan in clan settings:

If you Admin/Leader of a larger clan (In the clan setting, the pages will go beyond 11 where you cannot access any of those members), you can in fact reach all members of the clan.

1. Go to the clan page.
2. Click on clan setting
3. Go to page 11 (It should display one member, if not that's at least what it shows for Tekneek)
4. Check that members box and click on Change Rank (Note, if the user is Admin already, change the drop down for rank change as Admin)
5. Once that is done, page 11 should update and show you the rest of the players!

I tested this after I made the guy on page 11 from member to admin (which is how I accidentally found it out). I also tested if it worked from doing the rank change from already Admin to Admin (selecting the drop down box as admin so he would stay). I even made him member, and tested it if I could just select his box and click rank change, it would show them.

Thank you -Calamity for pointing this out.

Section A - Issue XI - In-Game recorder videos fail to play correctly

I can't play back the videos I recorded in-game or they play back too fast to see anything:

You need the proper codecs installed in order to play those video files correctly.
Get the K-Lite codec pack Here:

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

"Basic" should be sufficient.

Section A - Issue XII - Cannot receive Emails from Nexon (using Windows Live or Hotmail account)

I'm not getting any Emails from Nexon RAW POST FORMAT, THIS POST HAS NOT YET BEEN EDITED:

Hai All Smile i saw this issue long ago idk if its been pathed yet but well i hope this can help you out
Sometimes Hotmail Block Nexon's Emails (Like Email Acctivation link or random password sent ) & they wont show up in junk folder or Inbox.. they just dont come...
to fix this.. you can follow this easy steps, or just watch my video (:

1st Go to your Inbox (Hotmail)
in the corner go to Options/More Options/
there you will see a part that says Preventing junk email / safe and blocked senders / Safe Senders /

Sender or domain to mark as safe:

Add : Noreply@nexon.net
Verify@nexon.net
Support@nexon.net
Billingpp@nexon.net

or any related nexon Email

after doing that, anytime you ask for a new password The emails from nexon will show up in Inbox & not in junk Folder

For more Details Watch my Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIIcpUDe9E4
Hope this was usefull (:

My Real IGN its "Lvna" =p

Sorry if i did something wrong ;o its my first Post

Section Index:

B - Common Error Codes
* I - ErrorCode= -22 / ErrorCode= 30022 / Error Code= PI, 30022
* II - ErrorCode= -21/30021
* III - ErrorCode= PI, 30004
* IV - ErrorCode= -40
* V - ErrorCode= -60 / ErrorCode= 10060 / Error Code= -2,10060
* VI - ErrorCode= -30 / ErrorCode= -31
* VII - ErrorCode= -50
* VIII - Failed to verify user. Please retry. [8 ]
* IX - ErrorCode= -10
* X - ErrorCode= -11
* XI - ErrorCode= -12
* XII - ErrorCode= -13
* XIII - ErrorCode= -14
* XIV - Cannot Locate NGM Module
* XV - ErrorCode= -20
* XVI - GetDeviceCaps () failed!
* XVII - IDS_APP_SHUTDOWN_1
* XVIII - Failed to update protection modules! - Error Code [0x30000030]
* XIX - ErrorCode= 204
* XX - Server Error: 65
* XXI - Server Error: 17
* XXII - ErrorCode= -2/10013

This is a compilation of known common Error Codes and solutions.

If the solution does not work or the Error Code you have is not listed here please post a new topic on the tech support forums and post a reply here so I can correct or add it. Also, Please provide details, updates, and better/alternative solutions to the problem here so I can update this section to help others with similar problems in the future.

I - ErrorCode= -22 / ErrorCode= 30022 / Error Code= PI, 30022:

Combat Arms North America by Nexon America is for North America and Australia/Oceanic, if you are outside of Nexon America's service area you will receive this error.
Combat Arms is also available in these regions:

Europe

Korea

South America

II - ErrorCode= -21/30021:

This means that your Nexon account has not yet been verified. Check your email and follow the instructions to verify your account.

III - ErrorCode= PI, 30004:

This means that your account had been blocked by the administration due to an infringement of the Terms of Use.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to try and get help here on the forums. Please submit a ticket to a GM (Game Master) Here:

http://www.nexon.net/Support/Passthrough.aspx?from=home

IV - ErrorCode= -40:

The installation files are corrupted. There are several reasons why this may happen.

1. Your system might be instable or an application might be interfering with the installation process. Reboot your computer and try installing the game again.

2. Your Temporary Internet files might need to be cleared.

1. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or "Delete…") from the General tab. Select "Delete Files". This may take several minutes. Once it's done, download Combat Arms again.

2. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select "Clear Private Data" and then click on "Clear Private Data Now". Once it's done, download Combat Arms again.

3. Your download manager could be corrupting the downloaded files. If you have a software that you use to manage or accelerate your downloads, we suggest that you turn it off and download Combat Arms without it.

If the above did not work, it is possible that the NexonGameManager is corrupting the files, has obtained corrupt files, or had it's installation process interrupted, which corrupts the files. You must delete the Installer's Temp files to continue.

For Windows XP:

Navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NexonUS"
Delete the "NexonUS" folder
Re-Install The NexonGameManager from this download:
http://ngm.nexon.net/ngm/NGM/Bin/NexonGameManager.exe
For Windows 7/Vista:

Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\NexonUS"
After doing so, Download a new copy of the game or patch from this section and then install:

http://combatarms.nexon.net/Support/GameClient.aspx

V - ErrorCode= -60 / ErrorCode= 10060 / Error Code= -2,10060:

This error may result from a temporary traffic overload or routing failure.

1. The servers might be congested. Wait a little bit and try again. (Rare)

2. The servers might be going under maintenance.

3. Your Anti-Virus or Firewall might be blocking the installation process or game. Try adding an exception to the client installation or game (especially for the processes "NexonGameManager" and "NGM.exe" for installation, "Engine.exe", "Combat Arms.exe", and "CombatArms_Direct.exe").

It may be possible that you will have to disable your Anti-Virus temporarily, as it may register a false positive on one of the game client files and delete it during the installation, which halts the process.

4. You have windows explorer open to the installation directory or a running program accessing one of the files in the directory. Close those programs or windows and try again.

5. You also may need to simply reboot your PC.

VI - ErrorCode= -30 / ErrorCode= -31:

These errors mean that Combat Arms is damaged and will not be able to run. Your system might be unstable. Reboot your computer and try again.If you are still receiving these errors then some game files might be corrupted.

1. Uninstall Combat Arms from the Add/Remove programs option from the control panel

2. Download Combat Arms from http://combatarms.nexon.net/Support/GameClient.aspx

3. Reinstall Combat Arms

VII - ErrorCode= -50:

This error means that the game was unable to patch properly. The downloaded data might be corrupted.

1. Reboot your computer and try again.

2. Your Temporary Internet files might need to be cleared first.

How to clear Cookies, Temporary Internet Files and Cache for ALL common browsers:

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050

3. Your download manager could be corrupting the downloaded files. If you have a software that you use to manage or accelerate your downloads, we suggest that you turn it off and download Combat Arms without it.

If the above did not work, it is possible that the NexonGameManager is corrupting the files, has obtained corrupt files, or had it's installation process interrupted, which corrupts the files. You must delete the Installer's Temp files to continue.

For Windows XP:

Navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NexonUS"
For Windows 7/Vista:

Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\NexonUS"
After doing so, Download a new copy of the game or patch from this section and then install:

http://combatarms.nexon.net/Support/GameClient.aspx

VIII - Failed to verify user. Please Retry. [8 ] :

Try running CombatArms_Direct.exe located in "C:/Nexon/Combat Arms"

Another solution is to change your account password on the Nexon Website.

IX - ErrorCode= -10:

This is a temporary error. Rebooting the computer should resolve this issue.

I don't know what this means, what causes it, or how restarting your PC fixes it. Out of curiosity, I would like to know.

X - ErrorCode= -11:

The system is running an outdated or unsupported version of DirectX. Download and install the most up to date version of DirectX

XI - ErrorCode= -12:

This error occurs when the executable file cannot be found. Rebooting the system should resolve this issue. If that doesn't work, please download Combat Arms and reinstall the game.

XII - ErrorCode= -13:

This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in traffic which results in a failure to download the program. Try rebooting the system to fix this error. If that doesn't fix the problem, delete the Temporary Internet Files from the system

1. For Internet Explorer users: Click on Tools, select Internet Options and click on Temporary Internet files (or "Delete…") from the General tab. Select "Delete Files". This may take several minutes. Once it's done, download Combat Arms again.

2. For Firefox users: Click on Tools, select "Clear Private Data" and then click on "Clear Private Data Now". Once it's done, download Combat Arms again

XIII - ErrorCode= -14:

This error can occur due to network instability or a temporary overload in user traffic which results in a failure to download the program. Try rebooting the system to fix this error. If that doesn't fix the problem, the game may be blocked by an anti-virus program or a firewall, so contact your network provider to remove the block and try again. Another option is to download Combat Arms and reinstall the game.

XIV - Cannot Locate NGM Module:

There are numerous reasons why this could be happening. A first step would be to reboot your computer. If that did not solve the issue, make sure to add NGM.exe to the safe list of your anti-virus. NGM is the Nexon Game Manager and might be blocked or getting deleted by your anti-virus every time you install or run Combat Arms.

XV - ErrorCode= -20:

The game information file is corrupt and the system cannot read it. Download Combat Arms and reinstall the game.

XVI - GetDeviceCaps () failed!:

There are a number of causes for this error, all of which are related to your graphics card. Usually this means Combat Arms could not determine what kind of graphics card you have and what it is capable of rendering.

The most common reason is not having the proper drivers installed for your graphics card or having an outdated driver.

See "Section C - III - Updating your graphics drivers" for more details on checking and updating your graphics drivers.

The second most common cause is having graphics card that does not support Combat Arms. At this point you will have to obtain a better graphics card in order to play.

(there are a number of other causes, they will be included later)

XVII - IDS_APP_SHUTDOWN_1::

So far this error has been confirmed to occur when your PC is incapable of rendering Combat Arms due to a Graphics Hardware or Software limitation. You may also see this error right after a "GetDeviceCaps () failed!" message.

If you have received a "GetDeviceCaps () failed!" message, please see "XVI - GetDeviceCaps () failed!:" for further help on this issue.

Check to see if your graphics drivers are properly installed and if your card supports TnL rendering.

Also check that your monitor an graphics card can support 1024x768 screen resolution.

Try alternate configurations of different graphics cards and monitors. If you are connected to an LCD TV, try adjusting the display settings in your graphic card's control panel.

If you have a laptop with properly installed drivers and you encounter this error, try connecting it to an external display.

Please not that netbooks and nettops are not recommended for playing Combat Arms.

XVIII - Failed to update protection modules! - Error Code [0x30000030]::

So far, it is my understanding that hackshield produces Error Code [0x30000030] when it is unable to connect to the guard.nexon.net server at the address 66.114.49.29 on ports 29, 79, and 80.

For this to happen:

-The server is offline (Impossible)

If anyone can play without issues, it is not.

-Your Firewall is blocking Hackshield and HSUpdate.exe from connecting to the guard.nexon.net server at the address 66.114.49.29 (Extremely Common)

Check to make sure you have set your firewall to allow Hackshield to access the internet

-Your HOSTS file is telling Windows to redirect guard.nexon.net connections to the wrong address. (Rare)

open your hosts file: "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"
If you see the address of "guard.nexon.net" included in the list of redirects, remove it and save the hosts file.
The file may be hidden as it is a protected system file. To reveal hidden files and folders on your PC, read this article.

-Your Anti-Viruse is blocking Hackshield and HSUpdate.exe from connecting to the guard.nexon.net server at the address 66.114.49.29 (Common)

Check to make sure you have set your Anti-Virus to allow Hackshield to run and permit it to access the internet

-Your Router is fire-walling or now mis-routing connections to the guard.nexon.net server at the address 66.114.49.29 (Very Rare)

Check your router's configuration and firewall settings

-Your ISP is no longer allowing connections the guard.nexon.net server at the address 66.114.49.29 (Next to Impossible)

Ping:
guard.nexon.net
If you cannot reach these addresses, then either your router is mis-configured or your ISP is blocking the connection. Contact your ISP for further assistance.

-You are playing through a ρrσχу server (Uncommon)

I'm sorry, but you are not supposed to do that.

-Your Internet Explorer Security Settings are incorrect and/or set to block connections on port 80 (Rare)

Reset your security settings to default. How To - Here

-Internet Explorer is in Work Offline mode (Common)

Open Internet Explorer
Under "File" on the top menu bar select "Work Offline" (only if it is checked) so that it is no longer checked.

Thanks to ptran696 for pointing this out.

XIX - ErrorCode= 204:
This error is assumed to occur when Hackshield is prevented from accessing certain protected key features on your PC.
There are currently 2 confirmed causes of Error Code 204:

If you have Windows XP/Vista:

Certain Anti-virus Programs (Avast in particular) are currently experiencing compatibility issues with Ahnlabs' Hackshield. Even with the Anti-Virus Program fully disabled, Error Code=204 may still occur.

You will have to uninstall that Anti-virus Program in order to play Combat Arms until Ahnlabs is able to correct this issue.
(Please note that not all Anti-Virus Programs will cause this)

Also, you may need to manually update your Hacksheild, -Hime- Provided a how-to (Thank you -Hime-):

-Hime-::

If you are getting frequent disconnections, there's a good chance that your Hackshield folder is not updating properly when you start Combat Arms. Please follow these steps in an attempt to resolve the issue:

1. Reboot your computer

2. Launch Combat Arms and see if you still get disconnected. If you are, proceed to Step 3. 3. Erase the HShield folder and all files within. This folder can be found in the Combat Arms installation folder (usually located in the C Drive - C:\Nexon\Combat Arms).

4. Download the new files from http://download3.nexon.net/Game/CombatArms/Hackshield/HShield.zip

5. Extract the contents of the ZIP file you downloaded in the Combat Arms installation folder. A new HShield folder will be created.

6. Run the game

If this does not resolve the issue, please uninstall the client and redownload the full client.

-Combat Arms Command-

XX - Server error (Error: 65):

You may receive this Error when you:
Try to renew an item that is above your rank level. (sorry, you can't)
Open a case
This is an Error caused by Nexon's Servers and cannot be resolved by the client or player.

To get help with the case issue, submit a ticket under:

Game: Combat Arms
Category: Game Related
Subcategory: Bug/Glitch - Other
Subject: opening [Insert Case Name Here] gives me "Server error (Error: 65)"
Body:

A brief descr1ption of what happened:

Why did you receive/buy the case? (If Applicable)
When did you receive/buy it? (If Applicable)
When did you try to open it?
Can you provide a screen shot of you receiving the error?
Remember: Be polite and concise while still providing as much detail as possible.

There is no other help that you can receive through the forums other than confirming that others have had the same issue.

An official announcement may even be made regarding a possible fix for the issue if it proves to be problematic for many, that is up to Nexon to decide.

I would ask that you please do not beg Kalika or any of the forum/game moderators for help as they are not a part of Customer or Technical Support.

XXI - Server error (Error: 17):

Open the MYST-G case
This is an Error caused by Nexon's Servers and cannot be resolved by the client or player.

To get help with the MYST-G issue, submit a ticket under:

Subject: opening MYST-G gives me "Server error (Error: 17)"
Body:

Why did you receive/purchase the case?
When did you receive/purchase it?
When did you try to open it?
Remember: Be polite and concise while still providing as much detail as possible.

There is no other help that you can receive through the forums other than confirming that others have had the same issue.

An official announcement may even be made regarding a possible fix for the issue if it proves to be problematic for many, that is up to Nexon to decide.

I would ask that you please do not beg Kalika or any of the forum/game moderators for help as they are not a part of Customer or Technical Support.

XXII - ErrorCode= -2/10013:

Your Socket catalog may be corrupted or damamged and needs to be reset or your TCP/IP stack needs to be reinstalled.

Winsock reset for Windows XP:

Start > Run > type "cmd", and press Enter. Now type "netsh winsock reset catalog", and press Enter. You should get a message like "successfuly reset the winsock catalog, please restart" Go ahead and restart..

Winsock reset Vista:

Click Start > type "cmd" in the Start search box, right click cmd.exe, and click "run as admin", and the click continue.

Type "netsh winsock reset", and press Enter. Restart.

The other step is to reinstall your TCP/IP stack. A bit more involved too...This should work in both XP, and Vista.

Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.

Click Install.

Click Protocol, and then click Add.

Click Have Disk.

Type C:\Windows\inf, and then click OK.

On the list of available protocols, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.

You will be taken back to whatever screen you were at before you started. Simply restart the computer from here.

If you want more info, or to verify the steps go here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259. Do both procedures. Error 10013 is typically due to faulty or corrupt winsocks, and this should fix them.

At this point you should only do the TCP/IP stack reinstall. I got this info from doing a google search for "Error Code = -2, 10013".

Thank you GenerolHavoc

XXIII - Server error (Error: 51)::

Gift an item

To get help with the case issue, submit a ticket under:

Subject: gifting [Insert Object Name Here] to [Insert Recipient Name Here] gives me "Server error (Error: 51)"
Body:

What did you gift and to who?
Why did you gift them?
When did you attempt to gift it?

Section Index:

C - Misc Information and how to fix FPS Issues
- How to see your FPS and what it means
- Hardware Performance issues
I - CPU (Central Processing Unit)
II - Graphics card
III - RAM (Random Access Memory)

- Software Performance Issues
V - Gamebooster
VII - Task Manager

Please provide details, updates, and better/alternative solutions to the How-To here so I can update this section to help others with similar problems in the future.

FPS (Frames Per Second) represent the number of frames rendered by your PC and graphics card within that second. The human eye perceives an object to be in continuous motion at about 25-30 frames a second. If your PC can't maintain that speed, things will start to appear slow or "laggy".

The average PC monitor refreshes at about 60 times a second, the thing is, those 60 times might not be in sync with those... lets say, 35 frames a second. For completely "lag-free" gameplay, It would have to have higher fps than what your monitor could display, otherwise you might detect the subtle de-synce.

I "feel" heavier whenever my fps drops below 60 (way too many background programs at a time), I try to keep mine up at around 150-200 on average by ensuring there's nothing else running.

Fraps is a tool with a very small footprint that can tell you your in-game fps.

http://www.fraps.com/

(Note: You do not need to buy Fraps in order to use the FPS counter.)

Section C - Hardware Performance issues

There are 2 Major and 1 minor Hardware factors that impacts your PC's FPS in regards to games.

1- Your CPU (Central Processing Unit)

2- Your Graphics Card

3- RAM - Random Access Memory

Section C - I The CPU

You could have the worlds best Graphics card, but if your CPU is too slow to keep up, those awesome graphical instructions and calculations from your GPU will be worthless. It would have to sit and wait for the CPU to catch up all the time.

I, personally, would recommend running Combat Arms with a Dual Core 2.4 GHz or above.

There is no noticeable advantage to running Combat Arms on a Quad core at 2.4Ghz as apposed to a Dual Core at 2.4GHz. In fact, a Quad core at 2.0GHz is actually worse than a Dual core at 2.4GHz for Combat Arms. It just doesn't take advantage of multi-cores in that way.

Don't take this the wrong way though, a multicore is still better than a single core because it can run the background applications and OS on the other cores without eating into the Combat Arms' usage.

I've tried tests with a Pentium 4 clocked at 3 GHz and the absolute best ATI card you can buy for an AGP slot on a motherboard. (AGP is outdated but I believe it is still fully capable of running CA without lag if you have the right graphics card).

I installed and stripping the Operating System down to the bare bones so that all it could do is run Combat Arms and the very basics it needs to keep Windows XP stable. The game runs ok... but in a full 16 player game the fps is low enough that I start to get really frustrated.

A single core simply does not meet the optimum performance level for this game anymore. Enabling Hyper-Threading on the core did provide for a small boost, but it still was not at my personal "tolerance" zone.

Basically, if your running a single core, we can try to reduce "lag" for you, but not remove it entirely. This is a hardware limitation on your end.

My CPU is an Intel Wolfdale 3.16GHz Dual Core clocked at 3.4-3.6GHz depending on how hot it is outside... it's air-cooled still -.-

Section C - II The Graphics Card -

If you have a desktop computer and you are using an integrated graphics chipset all I can say to that is:

Buy an actual, real graphics card before you play games.

Your taxing your CPU to do what your GPU would normally do, cutting deeply into your processing power. If anyone want's to know why their pistols jam when they click fast, it's because your CPU is too slow, or you don't have a GPU and your forcing your CPU to compensate. This draws away from the number of cycles it can put in to scan&process your "user input" of clicking the mouse and translate it over to firing the gun in the game.

All you need is a card that can support TnL rendering and have at least 256MB of on-board Ram, I'd recommend 512MB or greater for best results. I believe GenerolHavoc had prepared a list of supported graphics cards in the past...

If your graphics card slot is AGP, your screwed.

Just kidding, you just need to buy one of the higher end AGP cards to play well, they aren't even that expensive anymore (since they're outdated). You still might not be able to play on high settings or record good fraps videos though, so I'd recommend getting a new motherboard or PC with PCI-E 16x or greater slots in the near future.

I run a Nvidia GTX 280

Section C - III RAM or Memory

Ram stores all of the information an data for the game in a quick, easy to access "cache".

If you go over your RAM limit your PC will start what is known as "thrashing", or constantly read/writing to the hard drive because it ran out of space in the active memory buffer. This is Extremely BAD, as it is incredibly slow compared to normal RAM standards and continuous operation like that can dramatically shorten the lifespan of your hard drive disks. This usually results in incredibly long load times.

The average modern PC has about 4 Gigs of RAM. CA can use up to 1 Gig of RAM, but averages 500K-700k which is fairly normal, if not a bit below by today's game standards. Depending on what version of windows you have, your RAM requirements for CA may differ.

Recommended:

Windows XP 1 - 1.5 Gigs of RAM

Windows Vista 2.0 - 2.5 Gigs of RAM or greater

Windows 7 1.5 - 2.5 Gigs of RAM

Additional differences in RAM types and speeds (not the total size, as that is addressed above) can have a small effect on in-game load times, but there is not other major impact on in-game performance.

V - Gamebooster
VII - Task Manager

Section C - IV Updating your graphics drivers

To see if your graphics card drivers are installed properly:

-Click "Start" and right click on "My Computer".

-From the context menu, choose "Manage". (you may encounter an error if you are not an administrator)

-Under the "System Tools" heading on the left side panel of the window that popped up there should be a section called "Device Manager", click it.

-Under "Display Adapters" should be listed what your current graphics card is and if the drivers are running correctly. (if the card is not named, and there is only listed "Generic VGA Adapter" then your drivers are not installed correctly)

To obtain the latest drivers for your Graphics Card:

-Go to your PC's support site and look for Video Driver Downloads under your PC's model number.

(If you have a custom built gaming PC like me your should know what your card is or contact the person who built it for you. You should be able to visit ATI/Nvida/Intel for your drivers)

Section C - V Gamebooster

IOrbit is in the middle of transitioning over from Gamebooster 1.5 to Gamebooster 2.

Gamebooster is a fairly simple program that has the ability to defragment the game's files for better read/write times (Loading times) and reduce the number of known unessential Windows services giving you 50MB+ of RAM freed and 1-5% CPU or more back. It's only a handful of drops in the bucket, but when it comes to reducing Lag, every drop counts.

Gamebooster II also offers a number of extra options

One of them is to perform a small number of system performance tweaks that can also add a few more drops to your "lag reduction bucket".

(Note: None of these performance tweaks are highly impacting in terms of performance, but may possibly user experience, functionality, and day-to-day usage. These Changes are reversible if a change is determined to be undesireable.

The other option is to scan your system for outdated drivers, I have not determined yet how effective this scan is.

Random Note:

"Game Essentials" are actually "Un-essential" for Combat Arms as in they serve no true functional purpose and will only adversely effect your performance. (Ventrillo is still ok though, if you actually use it)

Section C - VI Start-up Processes and Services:

System Internals has made a rather useful program called Autoruns for windows:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Autoruns is more advanced than msconfig in the areas of start-up processes (msconfig is not limited to only startup settings, but those other tools in it have limited practicality for us "fix the lag" users

Here we can limit the number of "useless" start-up processes that hog system resources under the "Logon" tab. As you might have guessed, these processes start to run during you log in to your user account. Not all of these processes will start at once and not all of them will start quickly. If you have a lot of programs starting during this stage, this may be one of the causes for your extremely long PC start-up times. 95% of the processes list here are Non-Critical and can be disabled without limiting true "functionality" (User experience, definition of functionality, and usage may vary).

I have over 30 things on this list on my PC under "logon", but only 2 are checked (Zone Alarm Firewall and ctfmon.exe) because, although I may use them at some given point in time, I do not need all of the others running in the background hogging resources 24/7. I am fully capable of starting Windows Live Messenger and Hamachi by myself through the start menu when I need them.

Next we will look at non-essential services. Click the "Services" tab and view the list (it only shows Non-Windows services that are activated at start-up). On my portable Windows XP I have 10 services listed here, and 6 of them are checked.

(Chances are, you will only un-check one or two of the things here at most if you truly believe you don't need them. Please be careful that you don't accidentally disable your anti-virus services if you do.)

Un-checking unessential processes and services not only greatly reduces the OS's start-up times, it also provides for better performance as all this junk is not running in the background.

You can use the Process library to help you determine which processes are critical both for your systems stability and for your general usage:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/

Section C - VII Task Manger - Killing more processes

Windows itself is kinda fatty. The Windows Graphical User Interface (GUI - the visual bulk of windows) has all kinds of nice and fancy stuff in it that you don't need at all while your playing Combat Arms.

Here's where we are going to do a neat magic trick. We are going to make the Window Graphical User Interface disappear.

(Note: Although this may look a bit scary, this does not harm your system)

You should practice this now:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete on your keyboard to bring up the Task Manager. (do not hold down the keys or you may bring up numerous instances of the Task Manger, simply press all 3 simultaneously)

- In the Task Manager, select the "Processes" tab

- look for and then right click on "explorer.exe"

- from the context menu, choose "End Process"

- Ignore the warning message and click "yes" as it mainly pertains to unsaved d0cuments and setting that the selected application may not be able to save if you end it in this way. "explorer.exe" has no such settings that could be lost from doing so.

*Poof!* It's all gone!

All you should see now is the background image and any currently open applications that are not dependent on the Windows GUI

You might be thinking, "Great, now what?" Well, there are 2 things to go over now:

1- how to start Combat Arms in this state

2- how to bring it all back

1- How to start Combat Arms from the Task Manager:

- in the Task Manager on the upper row of menu options, click "File".

- Select "New Task (Run...)"

- copy and paste this next line into the in the Run box and hit enter :

"C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\CombatArms_Direct.exe" (with or without quotes, it doesn't matter)

(You may also browse to the location of "CombatArms_Direct.exe" if you have installed it in a another directory)

- you should see Combat Arms starting with the old splash screen

2- how to bring it all back

- in the Task Manager on the upper row of menu options, click "File".

- Select "New Task (Run...)

- copy and paste this next line into the in the Run box and hit enter :

"explorer.exe" (with or without quotes, it doesn't matter)

(since explorer is a system directory executable, you do not have to specify the full path)

- All the windows junk and desktop icons should be back.

These issues do not have solutions that have been proven to consistently work or I do not know the cause to offer a solution:

Issues
Game randomly crashes
Case is usually different with each player
Random "Disconnected from Server"
Unable to leave clan due to "Unverified User" message
Is assumed to be an issue with the user not having cook1es enabled on their web browsers (particularly IE cook1es)
Error Codes
Error Code 200
Error Code 201
Error Code 202
is assumed to be bypassed or corrupt hackshield files
Error Code 204
Is assumed to be blocked or corrupt hackshield files
Error Code 701
Newly discovered?
Error Code [0x30000090]
Is assumed to be a routing issue
Error Code [0x3000FFFF]
Is assumed to be corrupt hackshield files
Failed to login to Verification Server [ 8]
Is assumed to be a Nexon Server-side error

-_-_-_-

Graphics by CC_FANG - thank you!
Version 1.07.07 [3/5/11] - Click Here to view changes

Please do not quote this in its entirety for sanity's sake, I will request that your post be deleted.

Daraku9:

Copied from Klypto (didn't upload any of the pictures on this one but since only one of them was somewhat helpful so it doesn't really matter). The spaces were part of the original post and I have no idea why they are there. I might get rid of them later to make this less of a pain.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Forum Dump   Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm

Too lazy to look for the original post since I couldn't find it that easily via google but Klypto confirmed that any kind of macros (programs that assign a key to multiple key presses) is against the Nexon ToS if it gives you an advantage in any way. If you have a keyboard or mouse that has extra buttons you can assign them to function like normal single press keys and you can use macros to dump stuff like emod rules or "NS" or "HACKER!!!!" (if you are a loser) into chat to save you time but that's basically it as far as macros go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Arms Forum Dump   Combat Arms Forum Dump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Arms Forum Dump
Page 1 of 1