UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
First person Spectator mode I_vote_lcapFirst person Spectator mode I_voting_barFirst person Spectator mode I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
First person Spectator mode I_vote_lcapFirst person Spectator mode I_voting_barFirst person Spectator mode I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

First person Spectator mode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

First person Spectator mode Empty
PostSubject: First person Spectator mode   First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2010, 10:20 pm

In the state of the game made by Nexon they stated that they were suggesting a first person spectator mode thing and I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was since Nexon mentioned it would make it hard to give enemy locations to team mates and help fight against hackers. Another interesting thing they stated is that they hate qqers as much as they hate hackers and I was wondering if that means they are suggesting that you can report them for a small temporary ban (and how you would go about doing it) or if its just crap they are saying to hope that qqers will take it seriously and shut up.

link to the state of the game:
http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/5478535.aspx
Back to top Go down
InvokedFury
Admin
Admin
InvokedFury

IGN : InvokedFury

PostSubject: Re: First person Spectator mode   First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2010, 10:43 pm

That sounds interesting. I'd imagine the first person spectator mode working best in games where you only have one respawn at the start of each round such as SND and Elim Pro. They would probably do something similar to Last Man Standing, where if you die you can watch whoever is still alive. If you were to go into "Spectator Mode", it would probably be easier to determine who's hacking, since you can watch the player's movements to see whether they're chamming (looking at walls and prefiring), tapping, aimbotting, etc. which would be better than the 3 second kill cam (or unless you managed to record/fraps it, then you can re watch that). The chat would probably be blocked if you were spectating though, so you wouldn't be telling team mates where everyone is (one way around that might be using Vivox or some voice chat though).

On the other hand, I think they're just making a lame attempt at trying to lower the amount of QQ'ing. Their post on "How to catch a hacker" hasn't done much anyway, and people who constantly QQ wouldn't bother reading it, and if they did they would continue to QQ because now a days, being legit means you are automatically a hacker. It helps to just ignore the chat and focus more on the game itself and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: First person Spectator mode   First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 12:13 am

I was under the impression that this whole first person spectator mode was spectating your allies rather than your enemies. Nexon can't block 3rd party chatting systems like Xfire so making you watch an enemy and preventing you from talking would be a waste of effort. Another thing that Nexon should implement is a 3rd person camera system like what Crossfire has (pretty much the only thing I like more about Crossfire than CA). It basically allows you to record yourself in a 3rd person point of view playing the game like fraps except the whole recording of a game is only several KB instead of several GB (and produces no lag). If Nexon figured out how to do this people could record amateur videos of themselves easily (the videos look crappy compared to what you could record with fraps unless nexon figured out how to do the recording in 1st person mode instead of 3rd person.).

No matter what the qqers are going to keep qqing until they don't see hacks for half a year like MapleStory. Even if the kill cam thing is implemented they won't believe the opposite team and the qqing problem will still continue among the dumbest of the noobs (for example I was owning earlier today and even though no one set up a kick on me on my team this idiot is going to report me to cbl because I happened to find and kill him. (shouldn't be a problem))
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: First person Spectator mode   First person Spectator mode Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 11:27 am

I don't know if either of you have played games with a spectator system in it (short of Elim Pro/S&D/etc), but it's not as bad as you would think if done right. Spectators are actually separate from the players of the game (and don't take up any of the player slots, so you can still have 16 players + spectators). They have their own chat channel and can't talk to either team that's playing.

I see your point about basically having a spotter in clan matches though, but I would imagine for safety's sake they would turn it off in Bulldog server.

Obviously this is the best spectator system I've seen around in any game and Nexon might tweak that general formula but for the most part I think it will work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First person Spectator mode   First person Spectator mode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First person Spectator mode
Page 1 of 1