UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Limit FPS Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Limit FPS I_vote_lcapLimit FPS I_voting_barLimit FPS I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Limit FPS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2011, 5:03 am

This forum never has never really been a very good place for technical help but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to limit FPS (frames per second) in CA. For anyone who doesn't know the benefits of limiting FPS more or less your graphics card will overwork itself if it decides it has the capacity to process more frames and there is no FPS cap because it will process frames it is not even showing (since most monitors can only show 60 FPS while running at the highest supported resolution) and at the very least make your graphics card fan increase speed and generate a lot of noise. Normally you could enable V-Sync (which stalls your graphics card after it has finished processing each frame to decrease FPS to 60) but for some reason it is still running like usual and fraps says there is no fps change.

Even if you have no idea what the above paragraph means it would still be nice to know if any of you play CA at almost always perfectly 60 FPS (so I will know if it is even possible to limit fps in CA on other graphics cards/settings at the least)
Back to top Go down
Michael1798
Michael1798

IGN : Michael1798

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2011, 11:30 am

:O I have not been on this forum much but i noticed this topic. I have an average of about 40-70 Fps, everytime I play. After a week or so I realised that having contact with people made my fps drop dramatically. I looked for many ways to reduce the lag like reinstalling and many options but changing the bits from 32 bits to 16 and changing many other function in the option bar made my fps a solid 60 fps. Well, not exactly 60 but it reduces lag for me.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2011, 3:09 pm

By exactly 60 I mean if you have a program that tracks FPS it should always be show that CA is running at 59-61 almost 100% of the time. Nexon has been kinda quiet about it but after the emporium update they added in some bug which decreased everyone's FPS by at least 25%. From the looks of things no one at Nexon knows how to tinker around with the LithTech engine since: geometry instancing doesn't work on mines and a ton of other things (it's a lit more complicated than what I'm making it but it is more or less a way for your graphics card to copy paste objects to reduce the processing power needed by a huge margin. This is how games can render thousands of grass patches/bushes or huge battles with several hundred soldiers without your graphics card blowing up), they still haven't made a decent lighting system, v-sync doesn't seem to work, and overall I can get a lot more performance out of other games that have better graphics. I would imagine that someone has found a way to manually control the FPS in CA though.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 5:36 am

Well, I get a couple hundred FPS in the lobby, then I'm lucky to get 30 in-game, so FPS-capping isn't a huge problem for me. And it doesn't matter if Nexon's quiet about it - just join a game and ask around: most people noticed the lag increase as well.

If anyone wants to help me out with my problem, are there any theories as to why I get less than 10 FPS in busy games (I can get 45 with just a few people) with no other programs running, an i3 processor, Win7, and... well, I've been away from my laptop for a month (still in India), so I don't remember what my graphics card is (fail). But it came with my laptop, which is only 1-2 years old, so it's not a piece of crap. I've tried using those boosting programs, but I still don't see a significant difference. And it doesn't run that much faster without Fraps. (And other FPS trackers show the same thing.)
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 3:34 pm

Well, character models are clearly the most detailed models in the game (if you check under the graphics settings I don't think you can change them from their highest setting). It just makes sense that busy games have a lot of different player models that need to be loaded and displayed so that would explain your slowdown when there are more than a few players in the room.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 3:06 pm

Yeah, I figured the same thing. But I'm pretty sure that my computer should be able to handle the graphics load (it's above the specs Nexon recommends), so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I reduced graphics effects in-game (although I left blood on - it makes hits easier to see) but that didn't make a significant difference. I'm wondering if the problem is the graphics load or a networking issue that's slowing down how quickly my computer receives information about player and object locations. I don't think that would affect local FPS though, just in-game FPS.

Would anyone else care to share if they have a similar or worse system and if they're getting the same problems or not? And if they are, would anyone with a better system care to share what aspects of theirs are better than mine to see what makes a difference?

When I get back, I'm going to check my graphics settings again, because I might have reduced effects but not resolution. Still, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think CA requires more computation power than my system has.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 5:31 pm

My specs:
i7 920 (@2.66 Ghz)
6 Gigs of tri channel memory
ATI Radeon HD 4850

Being a camper I have kept a good track of my fps when camping on Alpha hill in Snow Valley. I remember that the lowest FPS I could get on that hill was 81 FPS in a full room. Now the lowest I can get is 45 after the emporium update. Clearly Nexon messed something up in that patch and they haven't fixed it yet so I'm not exactly sure there is much you can do to fix it. If you have an ATI graphics card you can install "ATI tray tools" which you can use to reduce the graphics quality for more FPS and do a bunch of other things if you refer to this link on how to use it: http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_9.html If you have an Nvidia card I'm sure they have a bunch of programs that allow you to tweak the settings and improve your quality. If you have an Intel graphics card then your fked because Intel is completely behind their competitors in GPU cards and they haven't added in tweaks that their competitors have added over 5 years ago. Either way I suggest vacuuming out your stuff. I've only been away from my graphics card for a quarter and it accumulated enough dust to make my fans run noticeably louder until I cleaned it out.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 8:00 pm

SHIT. I checked Display Adapters in Device Manager and I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics card. So the problem obviously isn't my i3.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2011, 1:05 am

After a lot more research I have found 2 potential ways to limit fps (neither which seem to work for me but have worked for other people in other Korean games with crap graphics support like CA). Below is what you can do to limit fps and which tweaks work on certain graphics cards (please tell me if it works for you so I can try to figure out how to make it work on my computer).

ATI Tray Tools:
1.Download it via this link http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733
2.If it doesn't auto run then click on it and run it as administrator (you will have to do it every time you want to run ATI Tray Tools)
3.Right click on it and enable refresh lock.
4.After enabling it go back and set the refresh rate to 60 or something for your resolution.

RivaTuner:
1.Download it via this link http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner
2.Go into the folder and run D3DOverrider (sometimes the icon won't appear).
3.Set up the Combat arms and Engine file to run with vertical sync (If you have over 1Gb of memory on your GPU then feel free to enable triple buffering but if you have less than that you might get some lag issues).

ATI:
ATI Tray Tools (Frame rate lock tweak)
RivaTuner (D3DOverrider)
Enable V-Sync via drivers (Catalyst Control Center)

Nvidia:
RivaTuner (D3DOverrider)
Enable V-Sync via drivers

Intel:
Enable V-Sync via drivers
otherwise your fked
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2011, 1:31 am

So with your information your saying ATI is the best? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2011, 4:24 am

Not really. ATI just happened to have an extra tweaking program. As far as I know Nvidia and ATI are fairly on par except that more recently Nvidia has been releasing graphics cards that tend to be energy hogs compared to ATI cards and the stock coolers on ATI graphics cards tend to be worse than the ones on Nvidia cards (this is a vague generalization of course). I will go as far as to make the claim that Intel graphics cards absolutely suck though (on desktops and laptops. Not sure about GPUs on tablets/phones or if they even make any although I'm sure they do/will).
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2011, 1:23 pm

I am a Nvidia fan, nothing goes wrong when you hae an Nvidia graphics card.

They are super powerful, Highest Quality Graphics I have ever seen, and also better organized then ATI.

Yes they do take up alot of power but thats why there are Power Supplies that are from 700W to 4000W (lol, 4000W IS COMPLETELY NOT NEEDED also expensive and will not fit in like any computer made. I would personally only go up to a 1000W depending one what your trying to do with your PC).

Yes, I am currently running my computer with an ATI Graphics Card but not by my choice, its the most powerful one that I have that is usable. Although I have a Nvidia Graphics Card that is much more powerful then my ATI Graphics Card, the reason I can't use it is because I need a 700W Power Supply lol which I will be getting soon i just need to put my money on a card do that I can buy it!

That went a bit off topic, Well anyways If I would compare graphics from ATI to Nvidia i would have to say Nvidia is the best! There is complete proof on there website because they use a comparison with ATI technology and there Graphics to show what ATI doesn't have that a Nvidia Graphics Card does.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nvidia Graphics
------------------
Consumers Best Graphics:
GeForce GTX 590
-------
Professionals Best Graphics:
Quadro 6000
-------
Scientist | Researchers Best Graphics:
Tesla C2070
A.K.A. Super Computer
-------
For Nvidia really all you need is up to te Consumer Graphics unless its for work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATI Graphics also known as AMD
---------------------------------------
Best Graphics (It's Categorized):
Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6950 (GV-R695D5-2GDB) 2048MB PCIe x16 Gen 2.1
-------
ATI is yet still very powerful with this Graphics card but i still prefer Nvidia.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if you had a Computer that could handle Dual Graphics cards?

Well if your computer could handle Duel Graphic Cards then go for it, put the Best ATI Graphics Card in there and the Best Nvidia Consumers Graphics Card in there and then your set! If you have Both the Nvidia and ATI Graphics Cards then you have the best there is because you wont be missing one thing, Nvidia is Powerful but doesn't have some things ATI does and also ATI doesn't all have what the Nvidia does so if you just put them both in there your not missing out on anything. You will most likely need a custom built computer for this but still if you want the best of best for gaming and stuff like that Go for Dual Graphics!

I would have to agree, Intel sucks! Although there Processors are good but I still might go with AMD or MSI over Intel.

Tweaking Programs
------------------------
Nvidia
--------
If you where to go with Nvidia then you can get there Tweaking Programs they have that should come with your Graphics card, but might have to be bought separately.

As you can see in this link
Nvidia Tweaking Technologies , that there are many tweaking programs but most aren't for FPS. But some are!
------------------------------------------------------
ATI
--------
If you where to go with ATI then you can get there Catalyst Control Center.
For example I use this version for my current Graphics Card:
Catalyst Control Center

I think that is the only Tweaking Program they have...
-------------------------------------------------------
Then there are those Tweaking Programs that you showed me. Razz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2011, 2:33 am

How do I do this? Enable V-Sync via drivers (Catalyst Control Center)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Limit FPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limit FPS   Limit FPS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limit FPS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: General :: Gaming-
Jump to: