UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Possible lag reducing fix I_vote_lcapPossible lag reducing fix I_voting_barPossible lag reducing fix I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Possible lag reducing fix I_vote_lcapPossible lag reducing fix I_voting_barPossible lag reducing fix I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Possible lag reducing fix

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

Possible lag reducing fix Empty
PostSubject: Possible lag reducing fix   Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2011, 12:31 am

Most of you know that a program called Pando Media Booster is used to update a lot of free online games including all the Nexon games (that I'm aware of). It seems that it is patching everyone and updating people's computers using cloud computing using the computers of other people who play the game. In other words it works like a torrent program and it is constantly burning your bandwidth to help other people update and download games who use Pando. This can cause lag spikes and make you lag like crazy. You are still going to need Pando to update your Nexon games so you can't uninstall it unless you want to reinstall it every time you want to update a game but you can easily disable it from your control panel and prevent it from starting up again (this should be extremely intuitive). (information taken from first link). Since it is nice to have fast downloads for Nexon games please DO NOT tell this to anyone else so that the poor suckers/noobs will continue to die from small lag spikes and speed up the updates. For more tips on speeding up your internet check the other internet related posts I have done in the 2 links below the first one.

http://www.dasfox.com/blog/post/What-is-Pando-Media-Booster-(Pandoexe).aspx

https://undefiableca.forumotion.com/t245-dns-benchmark-program

https://undefiableca.forumotion.com/t66-daraku9-s-computer-other-stuff
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

PostSubject: Re: Possible lag reducing fix   Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2011, 1:00 am

Are Nexon allowed to install a program without letting us know? In my book, that should be illegal, unless they happened to have mentioned it in the Terms and Conditions.

I tried turning it off, but the only option in the control panel was to uninstall. There was nothing about temporarily disabling it.

Also, my game has been lagging like crazy recently and I have now found a way to reduce the lag. Turns out, my D drive (where Combat Arms was installed) was almost full, with only about 4GB to spare. I cut and pasted a lot of stuff from there and onto my external hard drive (almost 70GB's worth) and it seemed to reduce the lag. I now have pretty lag free gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Possible lag reducing fix   Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2011, 1:17 am

Dam. I guess it isn't as intuitive as I thought. I'll show you how to disable it then.

1. Open up your control panel and look for the blue box looking icon that says Pando Media Booster and double click it.

Possible lag reducing fix Pando110

2. Click on the check box that says "Start Media Booster when I start Windows" and press OK.

3. Open Pando again and click on the power button that says "Shut Down" to ensure that Pando is no longer running.

4. To make sure everything worked restart your computer and start your windows task manager to see if Pando is in your services (I think Pando only starts up while it is uploading stuff and won't be visible till then but check anyway) and double check in the control panel to make sure it is still set so that it won't start up when you start your computer.

Possible lag reducing fix Pando210
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Possible lag reducing fix   Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2011, 2:37 am

Actually, if you are installing a Nexon game, they ask you if you agree to them installing Pando Media Booster, it even says that it is installing and/or running it if you already have it.

I hope this helps I am testing this out right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Possible lag reducing fix   Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2011, 5:14 am

While looking through my processes the other day I saw Pando pop up again even though I disabled it. I uninstalled it and I was still able to update Vindictus (which seems to use the same updating system as CA) so it seems that you can just uninstall Pando and forget about it. Remember that it may be reinstalled while you are downloading a different Nexon game (or any other Nexon game for the first time. Patching doesn't seem to reinstall Pando) and you will have to manually uninstall it again. Before anyone decides to reinstall it for troubleshooting, reinstalling pando will not cure your CA initialization crashes if you get some in the near future since Pando seems to only work to send data to other people and does not seem to be necessary for receiving it.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Possible lag reducing fix   Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2011, 7:51 pm

The easiest fix to the problem: on the CA download page, instead of clicking the giant "DOWNLOAD" button, there's a small box underneath that mentioning a link to download the client "the old-fashioned way". I can only assume that means no P2P file transfers and no Pando.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible lag reducing fix   Possible lag reducing fix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible lag reducing fix
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: General :: Gaming-
Jump to: