UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Event Snipers Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Event Snipers I_vote_lcapEvent Snipers I_voting_barEvent Snipers I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Event Snipers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishythefish
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2011, 10:57 pm

I can guess what the answer is gonna be, but I'm gonna ask anyway:

From Scorpions vs. Spiders, I got a 1-day DSR-1 Tactical and a 30-day L96A1 Black Magnum. (Also a PSG-1 Mod or something, but that's not relevant.) I also acquired at least 9 Weapon Renewal Kits. Does anyone have any advice for which I should renew?

Obviously, I'm not going to activate both at the same time, so my total time spent with at least one of these snipers activated will be the same, no matter which I use the Weapon Renewal Kits on. So the question basically reduces to: DSR-1 Tactical or L96A1 Black Magnum?

I assume the answer will be the DSR-1 Tactical, though they're both nice snipers.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 12:17 am

DSR-1 Tactical for sure.
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 2:36 am

Both those snipers are one hit kill. It depends if you want power or accuracy. The DSR-1 Tactical is one hit kill, with high accuracy whereas the L96A1 Black Magnum has lower accuracy. Since they're both one hit kill, I suggest that you go for the DSR-1 Tactical, which has better accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Xterior
Xterior

IGN : Xterior101

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 12:08 pm

I agree with you Random. The DSR-1 Tactical is superior to the Black Magnum.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 12:34 pm

Both guns are terrible and you should just use the TPG instead. ^_^

But for real, I don't like either gun that much because they don't feel right in game. If I were to pick I would go Black Magnum, because I'm at least somewhat used to the way the gun plays. The DSR might be accurate but using that to my advantage always forced me to radically change my playstyle.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:17 pm

I agree with Tyler, actually. I'm aware of the stats, which is why I guessed most people would choose the DSR-1 Tactical, but Black Magnums are also useful for when you're going up against tankers or zombies (should you choose to use a sniper, and I'll admit that I do). I'm used to the L9 series - I generally just use the L96A1 - and I've noticed that there seems to be a way to manipulate a luck factor. This might be a known tactic, but if an enemy is moving, I've noticed that if you fire while moving the crosshairs quickly over the target (the crosshair doesn't always have to be over the target when you click), there's a pretty good chance of getting the kill with an L9. If this is related to its lower accuracy, then the Black Magnum would be superior to the DSR-1 Tactical. Sometimes I rely on a gun's slight inaccuracy to get kills in other situations as well.

Of course, I'd love a TPG-1 Pro.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:58 pm

I think I read from somewhere that if you bring the cabin fever weapons (black magnum, golden punished) they'll be weaker than the ones given to you in the basement.
Back to top Go down
Xterior
Xterior

IGN : Xterior101

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 9:23 pm

Ya I agree with everyone that the TPG-1 Pro is definitely the best sniper around (just most people don't see it yet). I talk about the TPG-1 Pro in the froum: "M416CQB or M417 Combat?". BTW SoSpecial, you just might be right about how the TPG-1 Pro does get tanked a lot. I have been playing a lot of sniper only games, and it has been tanked a couple of times (good thing the games were pistol only too XD). But at the same time I would quickswitch to the Holiday, and that just about got tanked the same amount of times. I can't tell which one is more tankable, but they are both easily tankable. I don't know if there is a difference between the Holiday and the regular L9 series for tankability though. You can never really tell which snipers are the ones that get tanked more (unless it is really obvious like the M107 series compared to L9 series).

Last edited by Xterior on January 22nd 2011, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong Information)
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 10:51 pm

SoSpecial, you're right about that. The weapons in CF are special versions of the usual weapons. That's not to say that the Black Magnum is not super powerful usually, but it is in fact weaker than the CF version.

So I still need to decide which one to renew...
Back to top Go down
Randomprsn
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Randomprsn

IGN : Randomprsn

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 11:05 pm

If you still can't make up your mind, and the stats of each gun doesn't convince you, there is still one thing left to try. Flip a coin.

Both those snipers are pretty good, although you have the Black Magnum for 30 days already. If you're going to renew one of them, why not go with the Black Magnum, purely based on the fact that you will have that gun longer?
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 12:53 pm

That's what I was thinking, Randomprsn. But I won't activate both at once. So let's say I know that each weapon renewal is 10 days. I can add 90 days total to either weapon, or split it between the two. Therefore, I don't think it matters which one I have for longer...unless they get removed from my inbox if I don't use them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Event Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Snipers   Event Snipers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Event Snipers
Page 1 of 1