UnDefiable.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Gaming to a Whole New World

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Jumping Zapak Zampig Zappa Ringtones
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:31 pm by bethakri

» Graphicriver - Infinite White Floor Spotlight Backgrounds PSD Template
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 2:00 am by bethakri

» Igi 2cheats Exe Torrent Download
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 11:43 am by bethakri

» Leaked New MG and Mode
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 2:39 am by Randomprsn

» Guns, guns, guns! - The “Best of 2011” Sale is Coming!
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:05 pm by fishythefish

» Sudden Attack
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2011, 12:20 am by Daraku9

» Raging W.O.W. Player
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 9:32 pm by Daraku9

» Server Lag
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 1:20 am by fishythefish

» Combat Arms Forum Dump
Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2011, 8:27 pm by Daraku9

Top posters
Daraku9
Whats with all the hackers?  I_vote_lcapWhats with all the hackers?  I_voting_barWhats with all the hackers?  I_vote_rcap 
NinjaIan15
Whats with all the hackers?  I_vote_lcapWhats with all the hackers?  I_voting_barWhats with all the hackers?  I_vote_rcap 
Randomprsn
Tyleh
gamerpro2011
fishythefish
InvokedFury
U54222
SoSpecial
desiareluvbird

Whats with all the hackers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SoSpecial
SoSpecial

IGN : SoSpecial

Whats with all the hackers?  Empty
PostSubject: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 12:24 am

I pretty sure most of you guys have noticed there have been a SHITLOAD of hackers as of recent. I think I might take a break from CA but if I do go on, im playing fireteam for most of the time. Nexon needs to patch up the game and remove these hacks.. its getting really frustrating.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

IGN : CA: proplayer14 || Vindictus: Faledron

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 1:24 am

Yes I agree. I actually got into a Hacking lobby on accident and they all had aimbots Luckily I was trying to make a montage so I recorded the whole game so I might be able to get rid of some hackers but that's only like 2 maybe three people.

Anyways yeah I have been quit a bit to much hackers which makes it hard foe me to bring up my KD/R
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ninjaian14
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

IGN : Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 2:23 pm

SoSpecial wrote:
I pretty sure most of you guys have noticed there have been a SHITLOAD of hackers as of recent. I think I might take a break from CA but if I do go on, im playing fireteam for most of the time. Nexon needs to patch up the game and remove these hacks.. its getting really frustrating.
Easier said than done. The sheer volume of hackers versus the number of game programmers means hackers will always be ahead of Nexon's curve. It's virtually impossible to stop.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

IGN : MACHOWIMP

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 4:17 pm

And hacks are all too easy to find on the Internet. I think that usually, there's not as many hackers due to availability issues - most people aren't willing to pay money for a VIP hack, a fairly questionable download that one would think would take all of the enjoyment out of the game. (After all, what are you playing for but to have fun or to kill time?) Around Christmas, I suspect there were holiday deals. More people got hacks and suddenly every game had a hacker in it.

My SEM has been helping me recently, but the most frustrating part of hackers is when they hack near the end of the game, or that they create an insurmountable advantage for their team after they're kicked. Of course, some crash the game, too. Sometimes, their teammates are even more annoying - while a hacker on their team is getting Unbelievable+, they won't kick the hacker because they're QQing about a legit guy on your team, just because he's better than them and knows what he's doing. Even Fireteam gets hackers, which people often won't kick because it'll help them get the item bonus, but then you don't get much EXP/GP, since the hacker is KSing.

But in terms of sheer just pissing me off, the most annoying hack isn't an OPK, which you can somewhat get used to, though it's completely unfair. The most annoying hack is what would be a legit kill, were the hacker not using Chams and an Aimbot. So since they don't get unrealistic killstreaks, their team ignores them, whatever their KDR is in-game (as most people have said, a high KDR in a game doesn't mean the person hacks - although it might be a factor in deciding), and while I'm typing away to get the opponents to kick the hacker, I'm getting type killed, the hacker just keeps saying, "QQ nub", and the other team calmly continues to play.

It's really disappointing how ineffective it is to report someone - if they have a hack, a new account will have it too, and most of the time, they're still around later. Plus, what would have been a won game turns into a forfeit, since I get so sick of getting OPK'ed while the other team does nothing that I leave for the sake of my KDR.

I could keep ranting, but I think I've vented enough for now.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 5:44 pm

While I agree that chammers/aimbotters are the most annoying hacks, those are definitely the most rare hackers. A lot of what people consider to be chams are actually a really, really intimate knowledge of the map they're playing on.

Personally I get called a hacker in about 50% of the games I play in on Snow Valley and Short Fuse just because people are extremely predictable on those maps. I never get kicked because enough people realize that what I'm doing is just responding to footsteps/muzzle flashes/patterns in the way people play and that is not a hack.

I have to stay away from elite mod rooms though because they're generally bad about kicking anyone that's decent.

All in all, for that reason, I feel like hacking isn't at abnormally high levels. I think it probably stems from the fact that in late 2009 there WAS a huge hacking community in Combat Arms and that led to people whining about hackers. Now, the new players have learned from the older ones to accuse anyone who is better than them of hacking, and it's spawned a vicious cycle of QQing in CA.

Just keep that in mind when you play. ^_^
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 8:07 pm

Oh, I'm familiar with skill getting confused with chams. People QQ at me all the time. But I'm talking about someone coming around a corner 3 seconds after I spawn and no scoping me with an L96A1. Every. Single. Time.
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 8:46 pm

Wow, lots of reading and great, great, descriptions! I agree with the both of you, hackers get in the way, but their aren't as many hackers than you think in the higher levels as Tyleh was saying they are all mostly in the new accounts and lower levels.

Also when you said you follow the gun patterns you mean the sound of the gun which helps locate where they are?

I think I might post a Topic on like What would be good in Combat Arms like something from the call of duty games; where you can see where the enemy is from where the shot and it slowly fades away in a quick motion on the Mini-map, which I think will actually give the Mini-Map a better purpose Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 10:07 pm

Yeah, I know that there isn't much hacking on higher levels, because only noobs need hacks. The thing is, I play in Bravo (and Papa when you guys are there, too), because there's no one on the server that's like Foxtrot, but with KDR > 1.00. (I guess it'd be Golf? I don't remember right now.) Thank god there isn't much hacking in CW, but it's too bad when there is, because there is no reasonable way to remove a hacker, and if you leave, the team loses.

By the way, I spend (or used to spend) all of my time on Snow Valley, so I know the ins and outs of the entire map. So, Tyleh, I know what you mean about knowing how to detect other players - I listen for water splash, wait by the underground door, OHK with my L9, and immediately get QQed at for chamming... I've started to play Short Fuse more recently, and I experience kinda the same effects, but most people think I'm "prefiring" with my RPG. People don't realize that as soon as I get a glimpse or idea of where they are, I'm gonna fire an explosive to cover an area.

Then some people are just stupid when it comes to QQing. Not just the ones that whine after every death, but the ones that I can hear shooting and see killing my teammate in the next room (especially when I can see my teammate's name tag turn gray and fall to the floor), and who QQ when I rush in and kill them.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial
SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 10:19 pm

Yes I play Snow Valley and im a pretty decent long range sniper. People always accuse me of chamming just because I regularly check the popular camping spots or where people usually take shortcuts & aimbotting because I like to continue my kill streak so it may seem like im ''twitching'' when im just looking for people real quick.

I got most of my 13 unbelievables in snow valley and let me tell you that you'll most likely to be QQed at instead of praised because its such a big map and requires keen eyesight and precise sniping to get a kill streak that long. It is also really easy to get a few knife kills in snow valley since people usually camp (ive gotten an ultra kill with a knife) but its recommended you just use your gun (knifing will lead people to think your OPKing)
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 12:01 am

Oh, man. Speaking of sniping, I love lining up two or more people in one shot with my L9 to get a one-shot double kill. But then there's QQ about OPKing. Good thing smart people know what happened.
Back to top Go down
Tyleh
Admin
Admin
Tyleh

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 1:11 am

fishythefish wrote:
By the way, I spend (or used to spend) all of my time on Snow Valley, so I know the ins and outs of the entire map. So, Tyleh, I know what you mean about knowing how to detect other players - I listen for water splash, wait by the underground door, OHK with my L9, and immediately get QQed at for chamming... I've started to play Short Fuse more recently, and I experience kinda the same effects, but most people think I'm "prefiring" with my RPG. People don't realize that as soon as I get a glimpse or idea of where they are, I'm gonna fire an explosive to cover an area..
It's too bad most players have no clue how to use the underground areas of the map on SV. It's absolutely essential if you want to do really well consistently.

I personally snipe from the central missile silo below the tower on SV, because that way I can hide behind the lid thing when I'm getting shot at and drop in whenever I need. You can also use the lid thing as cover to move between either of the ladder area enclosures and have an open shot at the rock area or the sandbags on the hill, so it's a pretty versatile spot. Toss a nade over into the building across the valley and you've pretty much wiped out every viable sniping spot on the map, AND you've given yourself access to the back of their defenses if you choose to drop into the silo.

My favorite tactic which I'm sure annoys the shit out of people is to take on a few enemies head-on behind their spawns, then switch to pistol and run back underground. If you aim for the left side of the door using a 1HK sniper, you can wipe out anyone trying to get down there literally before they ever get the door open.

I guess why I get accused of hacking so much is because I'm a versatile player. I take advantage of the fact that no one beats me in CQC combat because I can literally navigate the map backwards towards decent cover if someone is shooting at me. It's a good skill to pick up. Once an enemy notices you, STOP RUNNING FOWARD. I think this is probably the leading cause of unnecessary deaths in CA. Just head backwards into any cover you previously walked through and use that time to set up shop aiming for the guy's face when he inevitably runs through. Alternatively, if some other guy does this to you, it's an obvious trap and you should do something unexpected to gain the upper hand (like flanking the guy). It's a strategic game if you let it be, and you'll do better with a little planning than if you didn't. Couple that with knowing where people usually run through the map and how the current players move around makes you pretty deadly even if you absolutely suck at aiming.

Short Fuse, however, my gameplay completely changes. I go from a rusher to a camper, and allow teammates to absorb most of the bullets for me. From there, since rushing generally means you'll get hit by shotties on the inside or snipers on the outside, you generally gain advantage by watching your teammates. Then you can just run in and clean up after they get done while checking any obvious hiding spots for baddies. It's really that simple. No chams necessary.

SoSpecial wrote:
I got most of my 13 unbelievables in snow valley and let me tell you that you'll most likely to be QQed at instead of praised because its such a big map and requires keen eyesight and precise sniping to get a kill streak that long. It is also really easy to get a few knife kills in snow valley since people usually camp (ive gotten an ultra kill with a knife) but its recommended you just use your gun (knifing will lead people to think your OPKing)
Kill streaks are easier for campers in Snow Valley because geniuses are always in the open trying to flank each other. Just pick them off and it's easy to get streaks.

Knife kills are also easy in CQC maps--you just have to change the way you rush them a bit. If you can't catch them from the back, your goal becomes to make them take cover and then strafe jump across them at extremely close distance while aiming for the head. Generally this results in a headshot because at that close range it's fairly hard to miss the guy's face, and he usually isn't fast enough to pop off a headshot.

ninjaian14 wrote:
Also when you said you follow the gun patterns you mean the sound of the gun which helps locate where they are?
I follow gun sounds and player movement patterns. Gun sounds show you a general area of where a person is. Muzzle flash indicates direction of fire. Low muzzle flash means the person is turned around, high flash indicates they're facing you and unless you want to get close enough for a surprise CQC attack, they're not worth bothering with until they turn around. Picking up on which players move where and why is a skill that takes a lot of practice. For instance, players generally try to exploit weakness in your team's defense, so you can bet an area with long sight lines covered by a good sniper will have relatively few players in the open and probably a lot of sniper battles you have NO reason to be involved in (because they always end up in you dying). Areas with no snipers generally have people running around in the open, which is good if you're a sniper. If you know that, plus learn the good players generally cover, you can take advantage of that and use it to flank and kill them. Killing from the back, you generally always win.
Back to top Go down
SoSpecial
SoSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 2:10 am

LOL 1 shot double kills I love those. I've gotten an ultra kill with only 2 bullets from my l9 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 6:19 am

There will always be qqing noobs and there is not much you can do about it (besides record them qqing and putting it on youtube). I have crazy lag because of my craptop and even I can tell if someone is hacking or not which unfortunately means that a large portion of the CA community is VERY stupid.

As for hackers there is not much that Nexon can do besides update the hackshield like crazy and intervene with the relicensing of hack sites. A better three pronged attack like mentioned in a state of the game announcement would be: A DDoS attack on hacking sites (obviously Nexon as a corporation can't do this), Report hack advertising videos on Youtube for breaking the terms of service (this plays on the weakness of hack advertisers of adding in crap music into their videos without stating who made the music), make it hard for them to Goggle the hacks (ever try Googling for a free registered version of Fraps? If Nexon found a way to get the false downloading sites to spam up Google hackers won't be able to use Google to find hacks anymore.). They could also auto IP ban hackers for a month at a time (requiring hackers to wait it out or figure out how to change their IP; many of which are incapable of doing so. This obviously only applies to GM action to prevent people from getting kicked from the game if hacksheild reacts to a false positive), use Captcha in sign up and in and repeated log in attempts to prevent a future hacker spam attack, A CA version of the maple leaf brigade or a small subroutine in the CA folder that will prevent CA from running if there are any type of files other that the ones that come installed as part of CA (images from there on will be saved to a location of the player's preference. The server checks if the subroutine has been compromised during log in and after every death (the server doesn't check the subroutine on death).)
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 10:44 am

I think I have just a great idea in mind but I don't know if it would work.

Go to every hacking site get their URLs and take screenshots of the sites and send them to NEXON so they can sue them or other stuff.

Since I was a n00b hacker before I met this clan and the clan before this one I know about every single Hacksite.

NOW don't call me a hacker, I am not I was but I quit a year ago at the beginning of 2010.

Back to top Go down
Daraku9
Admin
Admin
Daraku9

IGN : Daraku9

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 7:04 pm

Nexon knows which sites are giving away hacks. They lack the authority to shut them down which is why they still exist.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 7:09 pm

Even if they didn't know, I'm sure they have enough knowledge to use Google and find out... The thing is, the Hackshield works fine against most hacks, apparently, but it's the VIP hacks that are the problem (obviously). The key is in the bypass. I did some investigation, and free hacks are easy to find - it's the bypasser that makes the money. If Nexon or AhnLab can fix all the ways to circumvent the hackshield, then there's probably gonna be a big drop in hacking.

By the way, Daraku, I've been thinking about what you suggested for a long time. Why DOESN'T Nexon check that all of the files are still there or that new ones haven't been added? The only problem is files with the same name and different info - Nexon would have to do the thing they do every time they release a patch, which is to go through all of the files and check the info to see what is outdated. Some people might not want to experience the delay when they play the game, but I wouldn't mind if it would get rid of hackers...
Back to top Go down
NinjaIan15
NinjaIan15

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 9:18 pm

Their virtually is no way to prevent anyone to get through the Hackshield since there always is a way no matter what to hack something, a way around it. Everything has a weakness, but you can strengthen a weakness; if you where think they should strengthen it so it is less able to be bypassed then I get what you mean, but in other words their is no possible way.
Back to top Go down
fishythefish
fishythefish

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 9:54 pm

I'm aware that everything is hackable. And after all, it only takes one person to develop a bypass to get it spread over the internet. (Though I'm sure that more than one programmer has been able to make one.) Still though, trolling the internet, I've found complaints about Hackshield in other games. I can't say for sure, but based on the number of hackers, there might be many weaknesses in the system left unchecked. Of course, it could also be the same weakness exploited multiple times... But I feel like AhnLab should be able to figure out what the weaknesses are and make their system stronger. If they did that, a LOT of hacks would be shut down. Hackers on forums at MPGH and the like basically take 2 seconds to upgrade their hacks when Nexon releases a patch. But if the Hackshield itself was changed, it might take a lot longer, as hackers would have to find other weaknesses.

Anyway, I know that it will never be completely hack-free, but it just seems that there should be fewer hackers than there are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats with all the hackers?    Whats with all the hackers?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats with all the hackers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UnDefiable. :: Combat Arms :: Combat Arms: General-
Jump to: